Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8300

Please Help. Error code 0x80043ac9

I am getting an error code when I try to sync my 8310 curve to my computer.   My phone and computer have both worked perfectly until this dilema has arisen.  Now, I am unable to sync the two devices. As the email address implies, this is becoming very aggravating.If anyone could possibly tell me how to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciated it.    Thank you for your time.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Please Help. Error code 0x80043ac9

Hi Aggravated_User,

Welcome aboard to BlackBerry support community forums. Check the below knowledgebase article. There might be some contact anniversary/birthday or calender appiontment where year is mentioned as 1900.

KB25869  BlackBerry Desktop Manager displayed an error: "Error code - 0x80043ac9. Check documentation", when synchronizing either the calendar appointment, contact anniversary or contact birthday with a start date prior to 1900

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: 9550 Storm2

I had the same problem.  From other forums and other users having the same problem, I was able to resolve it, but it seems to be a growing issue.  The problem was updating the device software to the newest version.  Following the suggestions of others:

1. I did a full back-up (excluding contacts)
  2. Went to Device Update and selected Other Versions
  3. Selected the previous version

After that was loaded, I Activated my phone then Restored my phone from the previous backup (excluding the contacts).  Had to redo the sync config.  When configuring the address book, select One Way (Outlook to Device) replacing all.

That worked for me, did it just last week

On a side note:  The downgraded version also displays the clock when charging (when chosen in the pref.).  Doesn't work in the upgrade.

My Device: curve 852

This is The problem I had and how I overcame it - it is quick and it works!!

However, it is important that you had The same experience. The error code appears when The data on The blackberry device is being processed indicating (to me) that The fault was on The phone data not The Outlook data.

What I did was

1) On the Blackberry desktop software there is a tab DEVICE. (your phone will need to be connected) Drop this down and there is a section called "delete data" . Tick off only the address section. You will be asked if you want to back up before deleting. I suggest you do.

2) This will delete all the addresses on you phone, (but you will have a backup incase this solution doesn't work for you.)

3) When it is done change the setting on the desktop software so that the addresses are copied from Outlook to the phone press sinc. (you might want to sync only the addresses and not the tasks, notes, and calendar the first time you do this.)

4) Then change your setting to how you normally have the phone and outlook sync.  It will sync your phone and Outlook and then life is back to normal!

Ian

Aggravated_User wrote:

I am getting an error code when I try to sync my 8310 curve to my computer.   My phone and computer have both worked perfectly until this dilema has arisen.  Now, I am unable to sync the two devices. As the email address implies, this is becoming very aggravating.If anyone could possibly tell me how to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciated it.    Thank you for your time.

Aggravated_User wrote: