Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

anilkris
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Please Help!- Unable to install Desktop Software on my pc

Hi

I use a Blackberry 9700.

I tried installing blackberry desktop manager on my laptop which has Windows XP service pack 2, but the setup software after few steps just shows up a window 'Help' where it shows various switches for installation(just like help) with an OK button. Clik on the OK button, the process stops. I am not sure what is the reason for this behaviour.

I tried the latest installation software from blackberry site and also with the CD that accompany the handset. Both same behaviour when I ran the setup program.

Please note that I am able to installl desktop manager on another laptop which has Windows Vista installed on it.

Any suggestions?

Please note that, my intention is to use the blackberry to connect to internet. I am able to do it for the pc which has Windows Vista on it.(as mentioned above).

Thanks

Anil Krisihnan

Anil Krishnan
Adelaide, SA
hotvltr
My Device: BB 9900

Re: Please Help!- Unable to install Desktop Software on my pc

We have the same problem.The new desktop software only works with windows XP service pack 3...we have service pack 2 ony. I'm also looking how to install or update BB Desktop software using my laptop which has XP SP2 only. 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Please Help!- Unable to install Desktop Software on my pc

hotvltr wrote:

We have the same problem.The new desktop software only works with windows XP service pack 3...we have service pack 2 ony. I'm also looking how to install or update BB Desktop software using my laptop which has XP SP2 only. 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As with all things of this nature, no software vendor can forever remain compatible with every historical PC platform...XPSP2 has indeed been dropped from compatibility with the current version of the RIM Desktop Software. Your choices are:

1. Update to XPSP3 (which, if I recall correctly, is completely free)
  2. Fall back to a version of the Desktop Software that is compatible with XPSP2...you can find older versions here:

Sorry, but I no longer recall exactly which versions support which XP levels...you will have to do some experimenting I suspect.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code