Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Pocket Mac Error

Hi,

I have a new Blackberry Pearl 1120 for  T-Mobile, and I downloaded Pocket Mac since I run on Mac. Everytime I try to sync my Blackberry, I get an error that says, "No Device Found" I know my Blackberry is connect to the comp. cuz I can see a file icon and access the files, but I want to use Pocket Mac to get all my contacts and stuff in. Do I need to unlock a password or allow a outside connection on my Blackberry?

Regular Contributor

Re: Pocket Mac Error

You will need the latest Driver update for PocketMac to support the BlackBerry 8120. File can be found at https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Select Pocket mac from the drop down and then you will see "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg"

Download and install

Hi everyone,

I´ve experienced the same more or less. I have an iMac with Leopard and a Blackberry Pearl 8120. PocketMac SyncManager version 4 (I´ve just installed the last version) and in the display the device is not detected and when I try to synchronize, I obtain the following message:

[03:47:47.627] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

In your link there´s only the version I´ve downloaded of Pocket Mac. Any other Idea of what to do?

When I plug the Blackberry to the Mac, the device detects it´s connected to a computer.

Thanks 

New Contributor

yes, I'm having the same problems as well.  The driver update does not help and if I download the program itself from the website I cannot open it (disk images failed to load).  I just got the blackberry curve.

I keep going to circles to to avail.

Hopefully someone can help??? 

Go to PocketMac's site to their support and ask them for the lastest driver to install on your Mac.

http://www.pocketmacsupport.net

They had one for me a couple weeks ago for the 8330. Simple little download and install on my Mac and works just fine now. 

Ok, thank you to the last post. Hopefully that will work, as I said, I tired downloading the driver update they had on the blackberry website that came with pocketmac, but that did no good
New Contributor

Finally got it to work.  Downloaded the program and driver from blackberry.com.  Installed the program and instead of restart at the end of the install i clicked continue and opened the driver to install and restared at the very end of installing both.  For whatever reason, seemed to work in this order.

Took me a few hours to figure out that restarting inbetween didn't work.

hope this helps others