Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Pocket mac won't recognize Storm

Hey guys. I have installed pocket mac on my macbook pro, but it will not sync with my storm. I have installed the program with the update several times with the assistance of other posts, but nothing seems to work. When I open the program, it doesn't recognize that I have my phone hooked up. Yet, I'm able to access the folders on my phone from the finder. When I try to sync it gives me an error message saying "Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping." Does anyone know anything on how to fix this? I've been going at this for hours and am ready for something to work. Thanks! 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Pocket mac won't recognize Storm

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Error1; (skipping) is displayed when synchronizing

" This issue is caused by a driver in PocketMac 4.0.20b for BlackBerry smartphones that is not compatible with the high-speed USB port on the BlackBerry smartphone.

This issue has also occurred with PocketMac 4.1.25 for BlackBerry smartphones running on a MacBook® Pro manufactured in 2008."

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I saw this in another post and have tried it at least 3 times. I have no clue what's going on.

New Contributor

Well...I finally got it to work after 6 hours. lol. I made the amateur mistake of dragging media sync to the recycle bin rather than downloading it again to uninstall it. Once I did that, it worked fine.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Cool!
I'm glad you have it fixed.
Please resolve the thread so others can find your answer faster.
Thanks,

Bifocals
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

I just downloaded PocketMac for my Blackberry Storm. The program says I don't have a media card installed (I do, an 8G one) and the Storm icon won't appear on my desktop. Can anyone help me out?

I have tried for months to get this to work. Downloaded all the software from all the sites suggested. I have a older mac g5 and it runs on OS 10.4.11. Alot of the software offered only works with OS 10.5 or higher. I even had numerous calls in with RIM. Still nothing worked.
till, I noticed recently that my GPS from my car has a smartcard slot. Hmmm,...? I picked up a sandisk card adapter at walmart for 4 bucks. Slid in the little sandisk card from my phone. 8gig. and put it in my GPS (Garmin) and plugged the usb cable into it and my mac. Shortly after that, the blackberry drive popped up on my MAC and I was able to download everything. itunes, photos, all of it.

I know this sound a little tedious,but, I am happy and HOORAY!,..success, it did what I needed.

Just an option for those who still can't get their stuff onto the Storm.

Regards.