Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
rockberry
My Device: Not Specified

PocketMAC or Missing Sync--Which one do I Choose?

I'm looking for software to synchronize contacts, events, appointments, notes, tasks, etc., between my Blackberry Curve (8330 Series) and my iMac (MAC OS X 10.5.5).  In response to a previous posting where I asked for recommendations on "PocketMAC" and "Missing Sync," it was suggested that I pose my question in the Blackberry for MAC forum.  So, that's what I'm doing with this posting.  In addition, I did review the discussion on PocketMAC and it does give me some concern.  I would appreciate both good and bad comments you might have on either software package.

Regards - rockberry 

Regular Contributor
Biff
My Device: Not Specified

Re: PocketMAC or Missing Sync--Which one do I Choose?

I was using PocketMac for about 8 months with reasonable success. That is, I always had my Mac overwrite my BB as two way syncing did strange things to iCal entries. However after upgrading to OSX 10.5 and to the most recent version of PocketMac I had nothing but trouble. Syncing that went on forever, crashes during syncs, unrecognized BB, the works. I tried several things to sort this out and have just started using Missing Sync. So far no major issues. I'll even try two-way syncing now. The only regret is that Missing Sync doesn't sync e-mail that I have sent from my BB (I'm on BIS), other than that it seems like a great piece of software so far, well worth it.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: PocketMAC or Missing Sync--Which one do I Choose?

Try using missing sync, is faster, and you dont have any problem, but........., its not free.

http://www.markspace.com/products/blackberry/blackberry-sync-mac-software.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.