Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
thomaspduffy
My Device: Not Specified

PocketMac 4.0.2b / OS X Leopard 10.5.2 / Blackberry Curve 8310 4.2.2.170 w/ Calendar update

I'm syncing  with ical and mac address book.  Pocketmac hangs when it gets to calendar sync, and i have to cancel. However, it still syncs calendar items...weird.  It also created yet another pocketmac calendar on my ical.

I don't understand why this isn't easier... I've got all the updates (i think).

Should I be completely deleting all info on the BBerry and starting from scratch? I tried the datapurge and syncclean applications already that come with pocketmac, and it still hangs.  is there some other way to purge the bberry and start over?

Or maybe pocketmac is just fundamentally flawed... has anyone tried alternatives with a similar configuration?

tks

td 

New Contributor
kaylaku

Re: PocketMac 4.0.2b / OS X Leopard 10.5.2 / Blackberry Curve 8310 4.2.2.170 w/ Calendar update

yes, i have same problem aswell... especially when i used pocket mac to sync my 2 BB's (curve and pearl) always error and cant detect one of my device after i sync first one.

Since so many mac user (who doesn't use windows anymore) maybe RIM should start make DM for mac.. to make mac user more easier to Upgrade, install, and backup data for their blackberry...

New Contributor
thomaspduffy

Re: PocketMac 4.0.2b / OS X Leopard 10.5.2 / Blackberry Curve 8310 4.2.2.170 w/ Calendar update

I gave up on Pocketmac and spent the $40 to buy Missing Sync for bberry.  Works perfectly.  Prime example of a case where a $40 application is cheaper than free.  Seems to me RIM is not getting their money's worth with Pocketmac.

New Contributor
wotaotao

Hi, the problem I have with the PocketMac is that it doesn't sync iCal with my BlackBerry. The address book syncs well, but when it starts syncing iCal, it just hang there. I canceled the syncing, and the calendar was not synced at all. Is there a solution? Does Missing Sync really work? Is there a difference between the trail version and the real one?

Thanks, 

New Contributor
thomaspduffy

Missing sync handles calendar, tasks, contacts, and tasks well.  For notes, you need to install the missing sync note application...it won't sync with stickies or email notes.  You can also sync folders, itunes music, and photos.  The itunes thing is cool, and i copied a playlist over to my bberry.  works well.  photos was the only sync that has not worked yet, and i've not figured out why.  Have to work on that one.

As for trial version, I don't know if it is the same, but I'd guess it is at least enough to see if it will work with your configuration.

td 

New Contributor
wotaotao

Thanks for the responds. I downloaded the Missing Sync trial version. And started syncing but it failed. The messages in the log file is:

No Sync Serices calendars exist. Has iCal been run at least once?

No writable calendars were found

No default calendar set for events that originate on the device

Calendar: There os a problem with the Calendar plugin settings.

Where did I do wrong? 

vincenro

I have the same configuration.  After launching PocketMac, it start synching iCal (this is the only thing I'm synching) and after a while, the application quits.  I have a PMSystemReport.  I checked the website, but there's no email where I can send it for trouble shooting.
New Contributor
kaylaku

PocketMac little bit useless, especially for install and uninstall.. becarefull if you install or uninstall through PocketMac, if you uninstall most of module in your Handheld didn't erased clearly. The only solution is wipe HH...

Now im using Missing Sync for sync between mac and my BB (2 handheld), but if i want to upgrade software/firmware OS, i should borrow window laptop from my friends...

RIM..PLEASE Spent little bit Money For DEVELOP Desktop Manager for MAC-APPLE User...like Windows... uuurrggghhh im desperate..

and FYI in Indonesia BlackBerry Comunity, we have so many Mac (loyal) user, who don't use Windows at all..

Thanks if you read my messages.
*ps.in my office there's no windows at all*

cheers,
kemal.arsjad
New Contributor
thomaspduffy

If you used pocketmac, you may need to use the syncclean program to clear the old pocketmac stuff.  It comes with pockemac, and can be found in the user>library>application support>pocketmacsyncmanager>additional tools.  While i've deleted pocketmac, i just looked in my file and it is still there.

good luck 

New Contributor
DancesWithBeats

Same here.  Pocketmac 4.0.20b hangs while updating iCal every time!  (I have a 1.83GHz MacBook Pro (Intel Core Duo) running OS X 10.4.11.  I have a 8130 Pearl v4.3.0.97 on platform 3.1.0.51.)

I wrote requesting email support over a month ago and here is all I got:

We should come up with an update for you soon. The latest version with Pocket Mac should sync with your Mac just fine, as long as you have the proper sync configuration for ICal.

If you looking for updates please check regularly the www.BlackBerry.com page.

Please give us a call with this case so we can check settings within Pocket Mac.  

That was March 29th, so we know that "soon" does not mean within one month.  I tried calling, but they wanted a credit card number.  What is wrong with making a product that works?  What is wrong with supporting that product?  I am so ready to pay my ETF and jump ship for the iPhone.  What good is a pda-phone that can't handle data?

M@