Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

PocketMac Not Seeing BB

I just installed PocketMac on a iMac (Intel) running Mac OS X 10.5.3. It does not see the BB via a USB connection.

1) Does PacketMac have to be installed via the user's account. This user has a Portable Home Folder and is a standard user. I installed the PocketMac software via a local administrator's account.

2) Is PocketMac 4 compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.3.

3) If 1 and 2 are not problems, how do I get PocketMac to see the BB? 

New Contributor

Re: PocketMac Not Seeing BB

I'm having the exact same problem. please somebody help.
Visitor

I had the same issue last week and corrected the problem by uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. I was told files were corrupted when I originally downloaded it. No problems since:smileyhappy:
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

You may need to install the "PocketMac Driver update." Instructions are here:

http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/?section=knowledge&action=view&article_id=96

I'm using PocketMac 4.0.20b on 10.5.4 with a Curve 8330 and had to also follow the steps at the bottom to manually remove the old kext/driver/extension files.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

There is a Rim Knowlesgebase Article that may help:

Rim KB : KB05191 PocketMac does not detect a connected BlackBerry smartphone

Environment

• BlackBerry® smartphones
  • PocketMac® for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • Apple® Macintosh® computers 

Problem

PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones does not detect that a BlackBerry smartphone is connected to a Macintosh computer.

Cause

Summary of Causes

This problem could be caused by one of the following issues: 

1. The BlackBerry smartphone user is using an older BlackBerry smartphone model that is connected via a...
  2. The BlackBerry smartphone was connected during the installation of PocketMac for BlackBerry smartpho...

Resolution

Complete the appropriate resolution below.

Cause 1

The BlackBerry smartphone user is using an older BlackBerry smartphone model that is connected via a serial port and the USB adapter being used is not supported by PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones. 

Resolution

To connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the Macintosh computer, use the Keyspan® USB High Speed Serial Adapter. 

1. Obtain and install the drivers for Keyspan USB High Speed Serial Adapter. For instructions, search the Support web page on the Keyspan web site.
  2. Verify that the list of serial ports on the Mac® includes a port named USA-<number>. If the port name exists, the Keyspan drivers were successfully installed.
  3. Open iSync and click the BlackBerry Preferences icon. The BlackBerry Preferences window opens.
  4. Click the Connections tab.
  5. Under Connection Settings, select Serial.
  6. From the list of serial ports, select the port name you identified in step 2.
  7. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer. PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones should be able to detect it.

Cause 2

The BlackBerry smartphone was connected during the installation of PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones. 

Resolution

1. Uninstall PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones.
  2. Ensure the BlackBerry smartphone is not connected to the computer.
  3. Re-install PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.

Additional Information

To verify that the Macintosh computer is detecting the USB cable, follow these steps:

1. Click the Apple icon.
  2. Click About this Mac.
  3. Click More Information. You should see a BlackBerry entry.

Products & Services:
  • PocketMac for BlackBerry
  • BlackBerry Devices
New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com