Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Pocketmac 4.1 does not USB sync with blackberry 8300 - someone please help

can someone please post a link to download?  i emailed them to sign up, but they haven't gotten back to me for 2 weeks.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try this.

You can also just search for Macbook in the Support section.

I just installed it on my MB and the sync works!  I successfully synced iCal and Mac Address Book.

I'm not sure if the patch is out of Beta, though.  After the Sync, while my phone was still connected to the Macbook, my USB mouse and trackpad both froze up on me.  Unplugging the phone from the USB seems to resolve this, after a brief pause.  But the fix seems to work.

Message Edited by Lorne on 11-27-2008 03:45 PM
New Contributor

My 2008 version of Macbook pro synched once then has not worked since? Not just issue with new mac's. Can someone with a Mac look under apps after downloading Pocketmac 4.1 and see if the version listed is version 1.2?

Thank you 

New Contributor

Mine says version 1.2 on my Powerbook but if you click on the blacberry icon in the sync manager it says version 4.1. I think this problem is with all macs.
Contributor

downloaded the new version.  syncing stops @ contacts and stays there forever.  i left it there for 20 minutes and still nothing.
Contributor

@lorne: 

the link you provided doesn't have the updated versions of pocketmac, namely driver update 3.1.2. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ chris_n

I don't know what to tell you.  It worked for me.

I downloaded 4.1 from the first link, reinstalled, and then downloaded the driver from the second link.

The sync took a long time (like always) but it worked. 

The "about" section says its "Version 1.2 (1.4)".

Good luck.

Message Edited by Lorne on 11-27-2008 09:39 PM
Contributor

Re: Pocket 4.1 does not USB sync with blackberry 8300 - someone please help

To all I got the Mac book the day it came out and was the one who started this board. RIM agrees the software works some times and most times does not. They are waiting for the new version to be released and don't have a release date.

For people who say this works with the aluminum macbooks, take a look again and see if your entire address book synced. I have the bold now it syncs now but never my entire address book.

I still talk to Rim support and it is sad to hear they don't  have a solution since this is a third party software.

Good luck will let you know if I hear anything from them 

Contributor

@lorne: what kind of computer do you have again?  is it a a plastic macbook or a unibody macbook or unibody macbook pro?
Contributor

I have the new unibody 13-inch Macbook (not the MBP) with 2.4 GHz processor and 4 GB Ram.

I just ran the Sync again.  It took about 5 minutes but it completed.  The Syncing has always been painfully slow and hit-or-miss at the best of times, so nothing new there.

Also, I haven't seen any problems with my USB mouse or keyboard this time around (yesterday the mouse froze on me while the phone was connected), and my phone is still connected to the computer.

I haven't done an exhaustive check of my contacts and appointments, but they all appear to have come through.

Good luck.