Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Pocketmac starts sync but stalls at ical

I'm using mac osx and recently downloaded pocketmac for blackberry to use with my pearl. the first few days everything worked perfectly. then out of no where pocketmac stopped syncing. it begins but then stalls about midway through the process. i uninstalled and reinstalled the download but still no success. i see that others are having similar problems. i am new to mac so please give help that is easy to follow :smileyhappy:. thanks
New Contributor

Re: Pocketmac starts sync but stalls at ical

[ Edited ]

Hi DeltaPearl

I am new too and experiencing many of the problems you have no doubt already read here.  I have a macbook pro aluminum running the newest OSX.  My phone is an 8330 and my provider is Verizon.  I downloaded the latest version of pocketmac and uninstalled it completely at least three times.  I think I finally have solved the problem with the sync hanging at the iCal.  I stopped trying to sync my contacts, calendar, etc. at the same time and instead just sink each application separately and it seems to work.  That said, it is "early days" yet and this has only worked for me twice.  All in all it is VERY disappointing to purchase a phone based on the sign at Verizon that said "mac compatible" when in fact it really isn't without software Verizon doesn't even tell you you need.  I do notice that my mac doesn't recognize my phone when I have it hooked up via the USB cable.  I am ready to take my computer and my phone into the Verizon people and let THEM figure this out!  Of course I see other people have spent HOURS trying to resolve these kinds of issues.  GRRRR!  :smileysad:Anyway, try doing what I did and let me know if it works for you and good luck! 

Message Edited by tubacmom on 11-03-2008 09:23 PM
New Contributor

Deltapearl,

I was having the exact same problem.  Just recently I got it to successfully sync my emails only. And then my calendar and email successfully.  Here's what I did and maybe it will work for you.  On PocketMac, under the "device" heading I "reset device to first sync state".  Disconnected my blackberry, turned it off and back on again.  Reboot the computer.  Reconnect the blackberry (wait for the computer to recognize it)  and THEN open the PocketMac application (in that order). 

On the pocketmac syncmanager, click on the blackberry icon and then the "connections" tab.  Make sure you have the USB option chosen (not the Serial Port option as I've seen posted on previous posts).  Now click on the "Status" tab and confirm that your blackberry is identified as being connected.  If it is, try syncing.  If it isn't, close the PocketMac application and then reopen it and see if it recognized the blackberry.  If it did, try syncing.  If it didn't, then take the blackberry and chuck it out the window on the interstate at about 70 MPH.:smileyvery-happy:

New Contributor

Barbee

I tried what you suggested because once again my BB Curve wouldn't sync with the pocket mac.  I first uninstalled everything and made sure EVERYTHING was removed from my MacBook Pro before reinstalling.  I then connected my BB but my computer never seemed to "recognize it" because it wasn't in the finder or on my desktop they way anything else is when I hook up.  Even though that was the case, I did do the "reset device to first sync"; of course nothing happened because the computer didn't recognize the BB.  Still followed your directions above.  When I opened the pocketmac syncmanager it showed my BB as available.  I unchecked everything except the calendar and even though it took a bit of time it did sync with new information.  So, I guess I have a partial solution; but I did this once before and the next time I used the pocketmac it just froze.  I am thinking the 70 MPH solution is coming next!