Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
BringBackY2K
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

Sadly I think we need to wait for BB for the fix. Mixing BB updates with Windows (alleged) restores is fraught with risk.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mmeinersmann
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Ridiculously untested software release from RIM ... seems they are hell-bent to annoy and lose their last fans too ...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wsmather
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, same happened here after I rolled my computer back using system restore. Even though it showed that it was back to the earlier 6.0.1.18 version, I got the same error message "intellisync unknown error reported" when trying to configure to sync.

So I went into Control Panel and uninstalled the Blackberry Desktop Manager program.

Then went to my downloads folder I still had  the executable file for the 6.0.1.18 version I had downloaded earlier, and reinstalled it.

Sync'd fine after that.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ssirica
My Device: Bold 9930 and Playbook 16Gb

This was driving me crazy that it seemed to work for some people but not me.  Here is what I did and it seemed to take care of the problems.  I did a complete backup of the phone through DM (backup has been working fine).  Then I deleted all of the content in MS Outlook (Contacts, Calender Items, Tasks, and Memos) and used DM to delete the corresponding data on the phone.  I then restored the data to the phone from the backup I had just created.  After that, I re-synched and everything now is working fine.  I tried by making a change in Outlook and one on the phone and re-synched and everything worked as it should.  It is frustrating we have to sometimes work around these issues.  I wish the delivered product always worked as it should - having been involved in software development for any years, it is extremely difficult to test out every possible combination (of hardware and software).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
schatzp
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

I tried a system restore as well and needed to do it in Safe Mode, but can no longer configure Organizer Settings or select any of the items to sync. 

Seems I will need a reinstall ...if I can find an older version online.

The saga continues!

Hopefully RIM will recognize they have a problem and issue a new version of Desktop or a fix.

Cheers

Peter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Marathon
My Device: 9530 Hybrid v3

Sorry Rim, But so many users whth this problem.

Did you bother testing at all?
Please use plain text.
AXD81
My Device: Curve 3850

Just can't believe this new syncing fail is happening ...now with a "new and improved" DM. ?!  TERRIBLE software/hardware interactions.  Time for a new phone and NOT a RIM product.  I've spent no less than a day, with 2 previous sync fail fixes, with the "old" DM5 but made the foolish mistake of thinking that the update might help.

RIM... do you read ANY of your customers' posts?   No wonder your company is tanking.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
knishfish
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

To all those who have asked the question, indeed, RIM does monitor this forum.  After spending 3 hours to reverse this lovely fandango they call v 7, I posted a link in this forum to a previous version of BB Desktop to assist you and others like you in getting back into production, after having suffered the same fubar that I did.  The moderator removed the link!  TIme for an iPhone?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SRydin
My Device: Tour 9630

Okay, so here is how I got mine working again:

- Uninstalled version 7 and restarted my computer

- Found version 6 in my Downloads and reinstalled it - unchecking the box to automatically check for upgrades

- Took the battery out of my BlackBerry and reinserting it, causing it to restart

- After computer/BlackBerry reboot, plugged my BlackBerry into my computer and everything synced great

Hopefully this will work for some of you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ice1975man
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers tbaytel

back up and restore are freezing too, 140 contacts I better not lose em due to obviously unproperly tested software :smileysad:

Please use plain text.