Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
efriedel
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: sfr

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Scandalous!

In France, the update to DM 7.0.0.43 came out yesterday.

Of course, I clicked "update" as it promised great new features...

a) It needed a download of Microsoft files concerning C++ SP 2008. OK, so half the userbase will have gotten lost at this stage...

b) Then it froze at the stage "Preparing preview for synchronisation results" or in French "Préparation de la prévisualisation des résultats de syncronisation"...I gave it 3 shots, each for more than one hour. This is where the other half of the user base gives up.

Outcome:

Hours and hours of time wasted

No Sync Outlook to BB

No updated data on Bridge on Playbook

WTF is all I can say. This problem has been around for months.

No wonder people are jumping ship to Apple. I am placing all my hopes on the new german CEO to turn this company around.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobJ
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

I got a Twitter DM from Blackberry help asking what version of Outlook I use but nothing further heard from them.

I went back to Desktop v5 (which I have on a CD that came with my (phone) but that didn't work.  Went back - via a restore point - to v7 and that wouldn't connect.  Ran a repai installation and I'm back to square 1.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mumfo60
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Tmobile

I had the same problem.

Still had the install files for version 6 so uninstalled version 7 and reinstalled version 6 - ok again now.

Will wait until this shower get themselves sorted out before reinstalling.

Confidence in RIM at an all time low. What a shame.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
midemoya
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

Same problem here, just updated to v7 and I get the same message and nothing happens after that!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NewEnergy
My Device: Torch 9800 & playbook 64Gig
My Carrier: Rogers

Same issue - blackberry pushed me to update my desktop sfw to 7 and after install no longer able to sync my outlook to my phone - freezes every time during "Preparing Sync Preview"  - big problem since I sync my appointments and contacts daily for business purposes - which I thought was Blackberry's main clients, guess not! Anyhow after trying numerous reloads, restores - nothing worked until I un-installed the desktop software totally from my PC, restart and installed my prior desktop version 6 which I still had in downloads from a month ago when I updated my desktop to add my playbook. This worked and I am back working again and have turned off sfw updates from blackberry until they can prove that they care about what is being released to their loyal business users.

Funny this is why I turned off auto updates from MS  years ago - all that ever happened was problems!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Boshkung
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Same issue.  Using Windows 7 64 bit. Upgraded BlackBerry Desktop yesterday.  Desktop now freezes during synchronization at "Preparing sync preview".

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NewEnergy
My Device: Torch 9800 & playbook 64Gig
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

System restore will not work - actually the upgrade to 7 seems to wreck the previous setup - you must un install the sfw and reload with the previous version 6 - if you have it that is?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
efriedel
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: sfr

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

Could somebody who has the file in their downloads PLEASE make DM 6 available somewhere on a server with public access, as it has vanished from RIM website? Thanks

Ideas: yousendit.com

Then please publish the download link here...

Much appreciated

Erik

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wideglide2002
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Deleting data adn then syncing from Outlook to device did not work for me either.  Waiting to see if I can get the Version 6 of the desktop software so i can get back to normal.  So far, I can not find the Desktop Version 6 software available for download.  I should have downloaded it and saved it when I upgraded from Version5, but I didn't and now I am paying the price.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tekware
My Device: Bold 9900

RIM what is wrong with you guys? Seriously. Where is there any word of what is going on and what is being done to fix it? A timeline please? Your own website has a link to previous versions of BlackBerry Desktop. When you click the link you only get the new version in your choice of language. Customers who did not store previous versions will not be able to revert back to a working version. The link for the new version that doesn't work should also have been pulled down until it was fixed. You are only going to be screwing up more customers as they go to sync their BlackBerries and decide to update. Sorry if I am sounding pissed off, but I am. If ever there was a company in need of some tough love RIM is it. Get your act together. You cannot afford these types of screw ups and if I have to read about this in today's Toronto Star...
Please use plain text.