Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
ssirica
My Device: Bold 9930 and Playbook 16Gb

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

All day events now show up spanning only the one day as they should.  I tested it with single day and multiple recurrence events both on device and Outlook.  My guess for the original change to the sync process is a licensing issue with Intellisync but only RIM can answer that definitively.  I am willing to cut them some slack on this - the general public doesn't always realize the complexity of developing software that operates on many platforms, operating systems (multiple versions), as well as multiple versions of compatible software.  I don't work for RIM and I am not making excuses for them but this isn't easy stuff - if it was then everyone would be doing it.

Contributor
ssb752
My Device: Bold 9930

I'm with travelwarrior.  Besides, the poster said "beta".  The disaster that was the first release of DTM7 wasn't even a beta.  My experience is that "beta" is short for "consumer can discover our bugs".  It cost me HOURS to fix the last debacle.  DTM6 works fine.  I ain't a-fixin' somethin' that ain't broke.

New Contributor
brtkom
My Device: Bold 9650

Thanks for the report. Do you find that version 7 has any advantages over version 6?

New Contributor
ssirica
My Device: Bold 9930 and Playbook 16Gb

The 2 things I like better in DM7 is that 1) the reporting on conflicts between device and Outlook is better and 2) the sych is actually very fast. Another thing I noticed is backups on the BB Playbook Tablet are working again but that might be related to an O/S update on the tablet.
Contributor
TravelWarrior
My Device: 9930

Would be interested in hearing from others who have tried the revised version of DM7 whether it is actually downloading and working without the problems we all had with the previous version.

Would be also interested if others have found that BlackBerry will sometimes randomly change the font style in their Outlook contacts (in my case, from Ariel which I want to Times New Roman which I don't want), size (from ten point to 12 point), color (from black to blue), etc.  There are Microsoft forums with various people saying they have had this problem through the years and a concensus that there was no cure other than just fixing individual Outlook cards when you come upon one that randomly changed, which is what I've been doing as well. 

Have others in this forum had similar problems with their Outlook cards being randomly changed by BlackBerry, and more to the point, is there any indication that DM7 has remedied this problem?