Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
schatzp
My Device: 9780
Accepted Solution

Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Have just updated to Blackberry Desktop 7.0.0.43 and am using a Bold 9780

The synchronization process fails, stalls, freezes at the Preparing Sync Preview step.

Have done the following:

- removed and reinstalled Desktop software

- rebooted PC and the phone

Using Dell i7 PC with 12 gig ram Win 7 64 bit with all updates installed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Contributor
BringBackY2K
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

I have the same issue with a 9790. Re-installed BB Desktop and upgraded to V7 again.
New Contributor
ssirica
My Device: Bold 9930 and Playbook 16Gb

Exactly same issue here - whatever happened to beta testing.
New Contributor
tekware
My Device: Bold 9900

Same problem here.  Three hours of Preparing Sync Preview later, I killed the program.  Changed sync options to just tasks and notepad (8 items and 100 items) and got the exact same results. Not impressed.

New Contributor
jhenderlite
My Device: Not Specified

Having the same problem with Bold 9650.  It freezes at Previewing Sync Preview step.  Have had to kill it with task manager.  I have similar environment - W7, 64 bit, 8 GB ram.  Problem began when I updated to version 7 desktop s/w.

New Contributor
casstawal
My Device: 9300 Curve

"Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

I am having the same problem with a Curve 9300 (my carrier is AT&T) and really regret that I upgraded to v.7 tonight, since everything was working fine before. Now I can no longer syncrhonize my emails and calendar appointments between my laptop and my Blackberry, which has been my only reason to use the Blackberry Desktop software. I hope RIM will post a solution to this problem.

New Contributor
knishfish
My Device: Tour 9630

Same problem here. Tour 9630, Win 7 32 bit. Had to use Task Manager to kill it.
New Contributor
SRydin
My Device: Tour 9630

I have the Tour as well and am experiencing the same problem after I upgraded - any help on resolving this will be greatly appreciated!

New Contributor
wsmather
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

If you are using Windows, roll your system back using Start/All Programs/Applications/System Tools/System Restore. You'll be back as if you'd never installed 7
New Contributor
jhenderlite
My Device: Not Specified

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

I did the system restore and it got me back to the earlier version.  But now I still can't sync.  Aparently when I tried to sync with the new version 7 s/w it scrambled something in the phone.  I restored the phone from a backup I did 3 weeks ago sucessfully but I still can't sync with outlook.  Aparently it lost the configuration settings for synchronization and when I go to Organizer and click on configure settings a window pops up saying determining root configuration name for main system and then I get an unknown error and the configuration process halts.  What a debacle!