Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: VodaFone

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

I have the same problem....I am not too sure whether RIM's development team is really capable....First of all why are they uploading the untated software.....

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Me too!  Wasted hours already and am getting severely hacked off with BB and all it's works!  Surely even rudimentary testing would've uncovered this glitch?....

Visitor
My Device: Pearl 8100

Same problem here with Bold 9700. Fortunately I had a previous version of  desktop 6. If anyone needs it, write to me bbtmp at acetaweb.com I'll send you the link so you can download it.

I uninstalled desktop 7 and re-installed 6. Works perfectly. Forgot to uncheck "look for updates" so now I'm bugged with the reminder, but it works.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 and Playbook.
My Carrier: Optus

Guys, 

I found this on the crackberry forum, I am about to try this myself.

I can't be bothered right now to roll back, and frankly if theres a solution without having to the better.

These niggly issues remind me of Vista lol...

Solved

Seems to be an issue with converting intellisync data over to whatever RIM is using now. 

Back up your device data. 
Delete your device data
Perform a one way sync from Outlook to the blackberry device.

After that, two way sync should work. 

I no longer get the "preparing sync preview" dialog box.

Please let me know if this works for you and also I will try it now and let you guys now if it fixes  the issue.

Thanks,

RIchard

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telstra

There seems to be a deafening silence from BB on this issue.  They still have the upgrade on their web site.  You would think this was Gatesware.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telstra

Thanks actqb12, that worked. Want a job with BB?
Contributor
My Device: Q5 SQR100-2
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Same problem here. Calendar sync also stops with an error of a record not found...going back to the previous version until this mess ir sorted out

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 and Playbook.
My Carrier: Optus

• Mate, ive actually been trying to help BB in Aust for a while but they never seem to listen (Im a manager in an outdoor advertising company)

But you know whats funny? That fix didn't work for me, im glad it worked for you. I've had to security wipe, restore and re-downloaded DM6 and re-sync that way.

But looks like it works for some and not for others.

Hope it helps others

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Same problem for me with a Curve 8520.  Just freezes.  Can't back up because I every time I start the desktop software it has this problem so can't do anything else with it.  Really don't want to wipe data from my Blackberry.  Here's hoping for a quick fix.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Just curious.  Did you do this with version 7?  Also, when you say you deleted your device data did you mean you did a total wipe?  Thanks.