Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: sfr

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

New Contributor

agreed 100%
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

I second this request.  Uninstalling version 7 and installing version 6 would seem to be the solution that consistently works.  Also remember to shut off UPDATES...  So if someone has version 6, there seem to be many who would appreciate getting a copy somewhere!!

New Contributor

see 2 messages earlier, I posted a link to the file

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

[ Edited ]

Thanks, went back to V6, now everything works fine....I'll get an iPhone as soon as my contract expires!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks.  Found it.  Downloaded it.  All is right with the world again.  Now I can get breakfast..  Oops.  I guess lunch.  Another morning killed due to an ill-advised program update.  Thanks again!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

efriedel Thank you for the link. I would point out however, that if one has to go to a completely unrelated website (Softpedia) in order to obtain an earlier, working version of the software, that is ridiculous. There is a link on the bottom of the very page that hosts the new version of BlackBerry Desktop. It states, "Download earlier versions of BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC". It gives you multiple versions of 7.00b44 in different languages. It's this kind of circular logic and run-around that looses customers. Quite frankly, I'm tired of work-arounds and jumping through hoops to make things work. I plan on continuing to jump up and down and scream at RIM until they start doing things right. The new version should be pulled down to prevent any further issues with customers that haven't yet discovered the update. The links to older versions should be corrected immediately. Not everyone is going to go scouring through a support forum to try to find a solution. My own first reaction was to go to the download page and click the older version link. Honestly, this is a grown up company. Act like it. Acknowledge problems. Communicate with customers. Fix problems. PREVENT problems.
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks to all .... for confirming that I am not completely crazy and for helping find the solution.  The V6 reinstall from Softpedia works like a charm.

The the forum produced a solution in about 12 hours elapsed time, and RIM is still providing the problem software on their official site ..... I am disappointed!

Peter

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Have the same issue with Curve 9300.  Hopefully BB will have an update soon, shouldn't have to delete records and restore backups to get it to work.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

I have the same problem. I managed to get someone on the phone to find help. I was told to pay $49 or go you-know-what myself. Android or iPhone here we come. Absolutely not interested in helping. No wonder customers are bailing. I may be next.