Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
AndrewUser
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Preparing Sync Preview freeze

Thanks for the methodolgy to erase the device data, then do one-way sync from PC to BB .  How does one erase JUST the organizer data on my BB that is "syncable"? (Calendar, Notes, Task List, and Contacts)...I don't want to wipe the entire device clean.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pugs
My Device: Bold 9650

@iMichaelJ

I've seen that article.  They didn't mention MyPhoneExplorer as one of the Outlook/Android sync options.  From what I've read, it's about as good as it gets in the Outlook sync realm for Android phones. 

http://syncdroid.net/myphoneexplorer

Samsung Epic + MyPhoneExplorer + Outlook-Exchange = My next attempt at a mobile phone/calendar/tasks/notes/contacts solution. 

If it turns into a massive failure, I may find myself back in RIM's incompetent clutches. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slam5
My Device: bold 9700

I afraid it will takes that long again.  Arrghh

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lontjc
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Freedom from Preparing Sync Preview freeze

The same solution worked perfectly for me with Curve 8520.   Just took 10 mins or so.    I can't believe RIM released such a flawed product.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PaulRosenzweig

Hi ... Thanks to whoever posted the link to the Blackberry 6.1 system.  I wiped the 7.0 completely, dowloaded and installed 6.1 and disabled the auto update.  Worked liket a charm.

I suppose at some point BB will fix 7.0 so that it doesn't hang up every time or take hours to resolve.  Until then I am NOT upgrading.  And come what may, I will have to find an Android solution.  I didn't want to -- love my Outlook -- but I guess I will have to.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sixtina
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

I also had the problem with  "preparing Sync Preview freeze" and this easy workaround fixed it for me:

Deinstall the BlackBerry Desktop s/w and make sure to check the box to remove also all user data and settings.

Restart your desktop or notebook.

Reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software. 

Good luck,

sixtina

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mstro
My Device: 9650

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

what a pitiful delivery.  RIM should be ashamed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robhdez

Same problem here. BB DM 7.0.0.43 Bundle 44 on Windows XP SP3 and Device 6.0 Bundle 3084. I have wasted over 5 hours trying to do a sync and still nothing. I'm going to start looking at other options (read iPhone).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jafk-9810
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: "Preparing Sync Preview" freeze

Gidday Folks

As posted on another forum ...

I downloaded 7.0.43 at the instigation of my installed version (6.0.B38, IIRC – auto update).

Spent 3~4 hours trying to get past “Preparing sync preview” message.

Tried installing 7.0.44 over the top of 7.0.43.

Still didn’t work.

Un-installed 7.0.44, leaving ‘User preferences’ on the PC.

Re-installed v.6.0.B38 (thank God I keep everything … ).

Now syncs just fine again.

Beautiful product (Torch 9810). Both in the physical sense, and technologically.

LOUSY software and support. Not even a phone number in Australia!!

Half of the s/w I have downloaded from Blackberry App World doesn’t work; or work properly.

The device does not work as seamlessly as my old Palm PDA Tungsten E2 (went for a short swim in a swimming pool, about 2 seconds – doesn’t work anymore … ).

It SHOULD all work much better, IMNSHO. After all, 6 years later technology.

I am still trying to find a database manager that works properly!!

Just not good enough for one of the very best devices of its kind ever made, IMHO.

JK

I have been a computer consultant for just on 40 years.

Trouble-shooter of last resort for a major Australian company (Teletax Systems - part of the MYOB group at the time; now fully incorporated into MYOB).

In this role, I had a 100% success rate in problem resolution.

The last time I saw s/w as shoddily written as this was Novell Netware v2.15b.

EVEN Vista was better (not so sure about Windows ME ... ).

BTW, for those thinking of jumping ship to Apple or Android, I assessed both of these AS PHONES before buying my Blackberry Torch 9810 in January this year. At country Telstra shops, these are NOT recommended for "Remote Rural Use", even though some of them do get the select 'blue tick'  for this use (only about 5 phones do ... ); just that they don't actually work very well in such circumstances. My 9810 does ... It also works better than my wife's Nokia N-95.

Please use plain text.
lkusuma
My Device: Torch 9800

This is really piece of **bleep**! How can a basic thing like doesn't even work properly??

Please use plain text.