Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

dbisbee
My Device: Not Specified

Problem Installing AppLoader/Download Location?

I get an error message when opening Desktop Manager that it cannot find AppLoader.msi and it not allow me to move past that point or cancel the install (I have to close the application through Task Manager).  I have uninstalled and re-installed Desktop Manager (believing AppLoader would download with it), but error message continues and I cannot find that file anywhere on my system.  Is there someplace I can download the missing AppLoader.msi file?  Or a different approach to take?

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Problem Installing AppLoader/Download Location?

Which version of the Desktop Maanger are you installing? I'd try the following to perform a clean uninstall of the Desktop Manager software

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

After you follow all the steps and reboot your computer, try and install Desktop Manager 5.0

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
dbisbee
My Device: Not Specified

Much obliged for the suggestion, but unfortunately it did not work.  I had previously been attempting to install v5.0 and tried that as the final step here as well.  It appears to install correctly, but immediately upon launching the application I get the same error message.

Is there anyplace else where the update would be on the system as a separate install from the primary software itself?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

What about the clean uninstall steps you were given? Did those go smoothly? There are a lot of steps, including registry edits...necessary to accomplish a true clean uninstall. And only then would re-attempting the install be appropriate.

What PC OS are you running? If XP, be certain you are logged into an acccount that has full administrative rights... If Vista, that is also necessary, but you should also use the "Run As Administrator" option to execute everything.

Let us know.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
drslroche
My Device: Blackberry 8330

Windows Installer  - "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."   Instructions say Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation packer 'apploader.msi. I went through the clean uninstall process as recommended. 

Ultimately I did get rid of the Windows Installer  prompt when I am loading the Desktop Manager. However, when I tried to synch I got an Intellisync  unknown error.  I had downloaded the 4.7 version of the Desktop Manager.  Since I could not synch, I tried updating to the Desktop Manager to 5.0.  After the download and the original problem was back.  I was able to synch but still get the same Windows Installer message.  Also - I was not able to uninstall the Updater and the previous Desktop Manager version 4.5. Going through the uninstall process, I got the same Windows Installer prompt - "the feature ...unavailable.  Any suggestions??  

Thanks,

Dave

rjflyer
My Device: Storm 2 9550

I have the same problem running XP pack3. I searched all files including hidden and apploader.msi is not on the computer. I did the clean uninstall including the two HKEYs and installed DM 05 no help. I did another clean install and tried DM06 same problem. I did another search for apploader.msi still not there. I give up, any other suggestions. Thanks

New Contributor
66jabba
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

i have the same problem. Is there a solution or should I give up too?

faisal10
My Device: Curve 9300

i somehow have the same problem except that i dont have the desktop manager in my laptop, so should i download it first to get the Apploader app?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

faisal10 wrote:

i somehow have the same problem except that i dont have the desktop manager in my laptop, so should i download it first to get the Apploader app?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, I suppose yes...if you need the app, you must download it and install it...you can obtain it here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code