Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problems syncing with Outlook 07? Look here for the guide on how to fix it!!!!!

Follow the instructions in this article (except setp 5 for now): http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB01451&sliceId=SAL_Pub...  (If the link doesn't work, search for: how to turn on advanced logging for Intellisync when sync fails)

then go to:
  XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync (I think, it's been a while since I've used XP)

Vista: C:\Users\"Insert your user name for your computer here"\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

Once there, open up the tif.log. At the bottom of the file, there are error messages. Mine said that something was too long. I searched from the top of the file for what it said was too long. From there I was able to figure out what it was that was causing me problems: An event that I recently added to my Outlook Calendar. Once I deleted that event (luckily I didn't need to have it in my calendar) my problems went away.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Problems syncing with Outlook 07? Look here for the guide on how to fix it!!!!!

Thank you for your feedback. This is the kind of contributions that make the community forum worthwhile. I hope it will help many people using Outlook 2007.

Have a nice day.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: