Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
targetpromo
My Device: PlayBook

Product not working

I have a 9530 (Storm) for over 2 years.  I am now getting a Synchronization Error message on the Desktop Manager that says "An error has occured during an attempt to access a device database record."  Is this fixable or is it time to switch to the Windows phone?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Product not working

Hello!

I just love how the first response to a failure of something designed and built by humans is to immediately abandon it in favor of what...yet another device designed and built by humans! Perfection is not attainable. But I digress...

Anyway, here are KBs that discusses that error:

• KB31752"Synchronization Error. An error has occurred during an attempt to update a device database record" appears during a wired address book synchronization with BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB32420 BlackBerry Desktop Software displays "An error has occurred during an attempt to update a device database record." during contact synchronization

Hopefully they contain something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
targetpromo
My Device: PlayBook

Thanks - but these do not address the problem.  The error message reads "An error has occured in an attempt to access a device database record."  Not update.  Plus I have been doing these Syncs for over 2 years on this phone and have never gotten this error message.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hmmm...sorry, but those are the two KBs that came up when I did a search for you. Have you tried searching the KBs yourself to see if you can find any that are closer to your exact situation? And, perhaps those KBs are applicable anyway, even if they say "update" rather than "access"? Have you tried them? Quite often, the remedies for a situation that is close to another can work for both.

If you want, you also can try this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.