Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Putting Media on Curve with a Mac

Hey guys. I havnt heard this question anywhere yet so I was wondering if there is a way to put media on the Blackberry 8300 with a mac. Right now im using PocketMac but I dont see a way to upload music on to the phone?
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Putting Media on Curve with a Mac

Not with Pocketmac.   You'll also need to use a SD card.   The Mac will then interact with the BlackBerry in Mass Storage Mode like it does with any removable drive.   Sorry, no pretty Media Manager in Mac :smileywink:

There is currently no way to interact with the device's internal memory directly on Mac. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Alright thanks for the fast response. Is there also a way to do the DST update right from the Blackberry or from the Mac?
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

Regular Contributor

From the BlackBerry, yes.  Point your BBbrowser to  http://www.blackberry.com/dst2007

If that dosn't work, then your going to need a Windows PC and the Desktop Manger (with Application Loader) to get the update I'm afraid. 

New Contributor

You may be able to use missing sync for the BB for media transfers.  It works on a 8120 pearl.

If you are trying to update your OS, it appears that Mac users aren't RIM's target market.  Pity -- it's almost as if they are driving us into the arms of the iPhone.  I love my Mac, and I like the iPhone, but the relationship with AT&T is why I'm giving a BB a go.  I do hope RIM is intelligent enough to realize Mac users are remarkably loyal if they are treated well.  A desktop manager solution would go further than just PocketMac in illustrating their commitment.  Particularly with all those extra millions from the last quarter report.  One would think a decent Mac coder could be bought for less than a mil, even in Bush dollars. 

RE: mounting pocketmac on a MacBook.

Dear Mac friends....

i'm tearing my hair out unable to get my mac to talk to my blackberry. the CD spins and opens a basic window but no menus or anything comes up. I've downloaded the pocketmac from the website twice but both times it says it won't 'mount', and won't run.

any ideas, this is killing so much time!

mark  

New Contributor

Re: RE: mounting pocketmac on a MacBook.

CD?  And this CD is for the Macintosh?  Have you tried any of the other solutions on this page, such as Missing Sync?

I suspect the CD is for Windows only.  RIM does not seem to take Mac users very seriously.  We are so the 'step-child' for the BB realm.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Re: RE: mounting pocketmac on a MacBook.

Hi!  I thought I might be able to help with this a little. When a file you have downloaded fails to "mount," that most likely means that the file didn't download completely.  The best and fastest way to deal with that is Trash the file, and empty your Trash.  Just in case, I'd restart the Mac, and close any programs you don't need to live.  (I would do this for any software installation to keep the environment as clean as possible, no matter how clean the Mac environment usually is.)

Then, visit the download page:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp  and start the download process again.  As you move to the download screen, select PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry.  Then, on the next screen, you have two program choices to download. Definitely download the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry."  Install that first.

If you have any trouble connecting the device, or get an "Error 1 skipping" type of error, you may have one of the newer, high-speed devices from RIM that were released after the last version of PocketMac was posted. 

If you have one of the newest devices (like the 8120 or 8330), you may also need to download the patch that allows you to connect to those as well.  That patch is on the same page, under the heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."  Install that AFTER you have installed the main PocketMac Program.

And yes, a new version of PocketMac is in the works, and is currently in the testing process.  I'll post in here once RIM has posted it on the download page I mentioned above.  Thanks! 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport

Hello,

I have a MacBook Air and a BB Curve 8300.  I can put media on the BB through a bluethoot connection with the MacBook Air.  I have even managed to use MyTube on the dashboard, convert it to MP4 and send the converted video over to the BB.

GALILEO

GALILEO SOLIS
MacBook Air
Blackberry Curve 8300