Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
mrtoddcan
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: BB Desktop Software: Application Loader: Cannot Apply Updates, Installs, etc.

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been talked about already.

I read the help with this but my phone is my own personal phone.

Does anybody know how to fix this....

Running latest version of desktop software. 

Thanks,

Todd

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: BB Desktop Software: Application Loader: Cannot Apply Updates, Installs, etc.

• What is you're device model and OS version?
  • Which version of Desktop Manger you're using?
  • What kind of application you're trying to install?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
mrtoddcan

Hi there,

Device model: Storm 9530

Desktop Manager Version: 6.0.2.42

Through the Application Loader, trying to install the following Applications:

• Blackberry 5.0.0 Core Application Update  33.2MB

Then hi-lite this update, go to hit apply and mouse pointer arrow will not click apply to carry though with the download.

Thanks,

Todd

Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)

Go to this site: Carrier Downloads, and check what the latest version of the device software for storm your carrier supports. If this isn't 5.0.0.149, download the latest for your phone.

Then, come back here, and I'll give you the alternate method to install your updated OS.

The Desktop Manager has (for me) had problems telling me that I need to update my software when I'm already running the latest version. This has gone on for quite a while. It is possible that is why you can't "apply changes."

New Contributor
mrtoddcan

Hi there, sorry I dont know your name.

Thanks for the feedback.

I did go to that Carrier Downloads link and verify the software on both my phone and my pc.

Everything is up-to-date. 

Should I download this software and try re-loading again....just thinking out loud.

Or is there something else I can do.

Thanks,

Todd

Forums Advisor III
er2joe

Personally, I just ignore the suggestion to update. I don't know of a way to get it to stop telling you to do so.

New Contributor
mrtoddcan

Hi  there,

For the price we pay for our setups, I want to get my value and get all the updates.

I tried re-installing the desktop software but I still have the same issue.

wondering if I should downgrade on the desktop software to see if that would work.

Frustrating.

Todd

Forums Advisor III
er2joe

But, you said everything was up-to-date?

So, you are getting your value and getting all the updates. Just got one little glitch where the software can't tell you're up to date.

I know it is annoying, especially if you're as **bleep** as I am, but I haven't found a solution.
Forums Advisor III
er2joe

Oh, come on, now. That wasn't a bad word!!
New Contributor
mrtoddcan

Except for this one core update. 

I did get it to update this latest core update but then it reverted  back.

What the new software doesnt do is communicate well to the user the reason why you can not add your applications through the loader.

In the previous version, the loader exactly tells you the reason why your new application updates wont download.

In my case, I didnt have enough application space.

So I removed some applications and through the older revision of the desktop software I was able to add the latest core application update. 

So if you follow, I have the older version of the desktop software and all device software is completely up to date.

Now the bad part, to finalize I went back to the newest version of the desktop software and it went back to the way it has been all along.  It actually removed that latest core update and will not apply that update.

So it looks like only that older version of desktop software will add this latest core device application update.

Brutal glitch!!