Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
blittletitanic
My Device: BlackBerry 8900 Curve
Accepted Solution

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi

This is my first time on a forum, so excuse for any mistakes.

First i'll introduce myself, i am a dutch girl and i have a BlackBerry 8900 Curve, unfortunally no longer with internet since i've moved to spain. I still have a dutch number and i like to keep it that way. Although i've got my phone for (approx) 2 or 3 years, i never took time to sync it with my laptop. But now i did, because i want a list of all my adresses and not the email adresses, but all the names and numbers on my phone. So i've installed and updated the software, but now i can find the information i'm looking for on my laptop. My laptop runs on vista. I have searched the forums but i can't find it.

The device manager gives three options to sync my adresses with (hoping that those are the adresses i want)

Option 1 Windows Vista Native Application

Option 2 ASCII Importer/Exporter 

Option 3 Yahoo!

Haven't got a clue what the first and the second options are... and i don't use Yahoo. 

The thrid one got me thinking it is about email adresses and not all the names and numbers... So now i tried the first option, and all went well.. Accept the fact that i can't find the info (or list) anywhere. 

I do hope you or someone can help me, and sorry but this is all new to me. 

I also hope you understand me, and my english.

Thanks alot.

Greets blittletitanic

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

blittletitanic, Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Community Support Forums.

If you have synced to your Windows Vista native address book, look for it...

Open Windows Contacts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Contacts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
blittletitanic
My Device: BlackBerry 8900 Curve

Thank you very very much! Funny thing is i tried it before but there was nothing there. After your post i did another sync to see if that would work...and it was there! Great. I don't know why is wasn't there before.

JSanders

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
amando
My Device: Not Specified

Very glad to read that,we help the community keep it up:smileyhappy:
New Contributor
dixiedoodle25-_
My Device: blackberry8100

I don't which login to enter they are always invalid its confusing can someone help. Yomitar_-.5
New Contributor
jim1949
My Device: Playbook 64gb

Hi folks, this is my first time in this forum as well.  I just did buy my Playbook the the other day, so it will take time to learn this device.  I'm about to load the android capability, but wonder before I do if it's safe and will not mess up the OS ?

New Contributor
jim1949
My Device: Playbook 64gb

Yes I'm glad as well there is a community for folks to share this and that about these Blackberry devices to get the most out of them.

JSanders

jim1949 wrote:

Hi folks, this is my first time in this forum as well.  I just did buy my Playbook the the other day, so it will take time to learn this device.  I'm about to load the android capability, but wonder before I do if it's safe and will not mess up the OS ?

Not sure what you're speaking of "Android capability"? What is it you are loading?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
amando
My Device: Not Specified

I think you should wait and first up date the playbook with the new software is really good! Also,if I were you I would just pick what I really need, nuw software is very good. Down loading something else I do not recomend that well ,you can get some virus,my playbook is really secure.