Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Received App Error 603, now I can't connect to BlackBerry Desktop to backup or sync contacts/notes before hard reset

Hi,

For the past several days, my BlackBerry Bold 9650 has been resetting frequently (often going to a white screen reading "App Error 603"), losing access to applications, and generally acting terribly.  I have essentially lost the ability to use it in any meaningful way (the phone features work rarely, e-mail, not at all).  I took it into Sprint and was told that a hard reset would have to be performed, but that I should backup my contacts and notes via BlackBerry Desktop, prior to doing so.  However, thought the Desktop launches when I connect to my MacBook Air, and the status bar says "Connecting," once it stops saying "Connecting," when I click on the device icon in the upper left, it says "(Not connected)," so I cannot backup or sync the data.

Could you please let me know how to backup my contacts and notes before I have the hard reset done, since I desperately need them?

Thank you very much!

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Received App Error 603, now I can't connect to BlackBerry Desktop to backup or sync contacts/notes before hard reset

By the way, while the Desktop software says that the Bold 9650 is "(Not Connected)," it does seem to know it's connected to some kind of BlackBerry device.  The status bar stops saying "Connecting..." and, when I phyiscally disconnect the Bold, the status bar then reads, "Device Disconnected."

Thanks again!