Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Remote Sync

I have to setup a new office. We will be using Microsoft Outlook with Blackberry and no Exchange Server.

What are my options for synchronizing Outlook email/contacts/calendars with the Blackberry?

Is the Desktop Manager the only option?

I'd like to do synchronizatoin remotely.  Is that possible or are USB abd Bluetooth the only options?

Thanks.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Remote Sync

Hello ttriple8 and welcome to the support forums. You have a number of options that can do what your require.

• Using the Desktop Manager for a wired sync
  • If you all use webmail, you cna input your webmail credentials to setup to receive your Inbox email to your device.
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03133
  • If your or any one else has a Gmail account you can setup the email account through the email setup icon for the device. As far as wireless calendar/contact synchronization, you can use the Google Sync Utility
  • Depending on your budget, there are a number of utilities that do not require a BES server to sync wirelessly. One is called Office Accelerator. Another is BBerry Sync
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.