Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Removing blackberry desktop software

I recently started working at a new company, and the previous user had installed the blackberry desktop software.  Unfortunatly i dont have a use for it so would like to remove it,  I followed the instructions from http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/25937-how-perform-clean-uninstall-reinstall-blackberry-... .  Now when i  start programs the blackberry desktop software randomly tries to start an install and i spend the next 2-3 minutes hitting cancel

Ive searched all folders for any research in motion folders which has come up empty.  Any assistance to get this to stop would be greatly appriciated.

Dan

My Device: curve

Re: Removing blackberry desktop software

i figured out how to remove the pc software system.
here's what you do:
pop the user guide tools & reinstall everything. restart your computer. after that go to control panel, then add/remove programs. DO NOT TAKE THE DISC OUT OF THE CD-ROM YET! Then click on the change/remove. there's gonna be a pop-up that asks you what do you want to do. click on remove & just follow everything.

Hope that works! have a great day!