Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Curve 9350

Rim.DesktopHelper and Rim.transcoder has stopped working with Desktop Manager

My wife has never been able to sync her Blackberry Curve phone to her laptop, and therefore has never been able to use it as a music player. She's not computer literate, so I'm trying to get this fixed. Initially "rim.transcoder has stopped working" comes up when you run Blackberry Desktop Manager. I have completley uninstalled the Desktop Manager software, and just downloaded a new version today, and now when I run it, "Rim.DesktopHelper has stopped working" comes up first, and then "Rim.Transcoder has stopped working" appears right after. I called RIM and the customer service dept. said "Call your service provider." Well, that makes no sense considering Rogers has nothing to do with the Desktop software, especially when this happens without even connecting the phone to the laptop. Anyone know what's going on? Cam.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Rim.DesktopHelper and Rim.transcoder has stopped working with Desktop Manager

Neither Helper or Transcoder should stop you from using Desktop.

Does Desktop itself not launch either?  Does it crash?

My Device: 9800

Re: Rim.DesktopHelper and Rim.transcoder has stopped working with Desktop Manager

Hi

My Desktop software doesn't launch and then crashes.