Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
BBJSR33
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Re: Roxio Media manager with 4.3 does not see my 8120 as a device

My issue is that both MM & my computer do not recognize my phone as a removeable device. IE my 4gb card is not 'seen' by either system and as such I cannot put any music, or pics, or vid onto my card. I can only do stuff through the device memory only. However, I was able to do so on someone else's computer, just not on mine.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

ANABOOTH wrote:
Is there another way to download music to a Blackberry?
Hello,

you can set up your blackberry to act as a memory card reader. It will be seen by Windows Explorer as an external USB drive.
You can then drag'n'drop your mp3 in the Music folder.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

BBJSR33 wrote:

My issue is that both MM & my computer do not recognize my phone as a removeable device. IE my 4gb card is not 'seen' by either system and as such I cannot put any music, or pics, or vid onto my card. I can only do stuff through the device memory only. However, I was able to do so on someone else's computer, just not on mine.

Any suggestions?

if it works on other people's computer and not yours, it means your Blackberry is correctly configured to act as a mass storage media.
=> you have to set up your windows by installing the USB drivers. You can get them by reading here :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
ANABOOTH
My Device: Not Specified

How do I set up my Blackberry as a memory card reader?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBJSR33
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

I am able to see the BlackBerry device on my desktop manager and update, etc. But it's the fact that the 'removeable drive' doesn't show up @ all that bugs me, ya know...

Thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

you said you could see it as a removable drive on a pc of one of your friend. Is this accurate ?

Please use plain text.