Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
nicky_p
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: STORM-BDTM for MAC problems

Curve 8330 here. 

It's not the calendar that is my problem, but rather my address book.  It will not sync with my Desktop software. I tried the things mentioned in here and it's not a facebook problem. facebook isn't an option when I open my default services. There are no options except my main email address.

Why will it not sync? 

New Contributor
nicky_p
My Device: Curve 8330

Added Gmail account, now neither Calendar nor contacts will sync when I turn it back to my original email (Pop3) I don't want to wipe my phone again but that is the next step I'm trying.

New Contributor
cabeachguy
My Device: Pearl 8320

I've got the similar problem of not being able to sync my contacts btween my BB8320 and Address Book in my MacBookPro. I've already deleted the totally crappy PocketMac software and just cannot get my contacts to sync with the BB Desktop software.

It's not the email/gmail problem in the Default Services panel that so many othrs have described, as I have NO entries at all in the Default Serviices pane. I don't even have a data plan with this phone, so don't use email with it at all. I think I've been on the web with it about 4 times in 2 years, and that was done through my wifi connection.

It is utterly amazing to me that RIM was the #1 smartphone for so many years, made hundreds of million$ in profit and never got syncing to Macs down pat.

They deserve to have their lunch EATEN by Apple (and now by Android), and this frustrating example for many, many users is probably the best reason why. Just by looking at all the posts on this and many other forums, the Desktop software is still not the answer (and I downloaded the latest update just tonight).....still doesn't solve the lack of contact syncing with MacBook issue at all.

I would recommend that enterprise customers seriously consider migrating to the iPhone, as it so seamlessly integrates with Macs AND the Windows world.

I'd appreciate some help from someone....ANYONE on this issue.  I'm VERY unhappy with this situation and cannot in good conscience say good things about RIM/Blackberry, much less recommend the products  to anyone at all.

New Contributor
cabeachguy

I have exactly the same problem as a few others. I have NO entries at all in my default services. I don't have a data plan so do not use any email provider AT ALL on my BB Curve. I've gotten opn the web about 6 times via wifi.

For the life of me I cannot sync my BB contacts with my MacBook Pro. This is definitely bordering on criminal. I updated to the latest BB software just yesterday, and still no-go syncing my contacts to the MBP or vice versa.

If RIM goes under it will be because they didn't pay attention to the millions that didn't want an iPhone, but were forced into buying one sheerly through RIM not paying attention to their customers' needs.

If T-Mobile down't get swallowed up by ATT I'll surely be buying an iPhone as soon as they offer it. Then I can take a 9 ireon to the BB and forget that RIM ever existed.

This is the MOST frustrating technology experience I've had in quite some time-and I lived in Silicon Valley for years.... 

New Contributor
cabeachguy

It's been this way for 5 years and RIM has done NOTHING about the problem, despite thousands of users complaining on many different message boards across the Net.  And management wonders why they are in the touliet and people and corporations are abandoning the BB ship as fast as possible.

Myself, I can't wait for the day when I take a 9 iron and chip my BB Curve into the pond behind my house so the snapping turtle can eat it.  This is the crappiest piece of technology that I've ever spent $250 on, by far !