Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
litterbug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SYNCRONISATION BB STORM - TO MAC COMPTR

I'd tried that too, but for some strange reason, the difference was 1) rebooting after each installation: that is, I restarted after downloading and installing the program, and then restarted again after downloading and installing the driver updates; and 2) switching USB ports.  There's no doubt something besides voodoo behind the difference it made, but it worked. 

If you didn't do that, try it.  Once it runs it seems to work well (knocking on wood as I type this.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
femjock

hi brodie,

thanks so much for your help.  worked like a charm.  it turned out to be something corrupted in my contacts, so i followed the instructions, then resynced and all seems to be ok now.

thanks again,

femjock

Please use plain text.
kevinpatkinson

[ Edited ]

Brodie,

Since you've helped out my fellow Mac Users with Storm Sync issues, maybe you can help me as well.

I had no problem syncing my new BB with my Mac or installing the software. No errors pop up during the sync process nor do I have any issues in my contacts, notes or task section. My issue is that even though calendar appears to synchronize, when I open up my calendar on my storm there are no events there! When I go to resync I get the message "Detected deletion on Device" even though I never deleted anything from my storm.

I have all of PM set to sync with Entourage 2008. I'm using the new 13" aluminum mac book. 

HELP!

KA

Message Edited by kevinpatkinson on 04-23-2009 12:48 AM
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hi kevinpatkinson,

I would recommend clearing the already empty calendar on the BlackBerry Smartphone by following the steps in this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15139

As well, running the SyncClean utility with PocketMac to clear the synchronization history should be performed as well:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05175

Once both of these things have been done, try a synchronization with just the calendar.  If this doesn't succeed, try a one-way synchronization (overwrite device) with calendar.

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DanielY

Hi Brodie,

I tried to sync one item at a time, de-install and re-install pocketmac 4 times already plus updated the drivers, etc.

In fact, I am in the middle of the sync process now and it stuck half way through...it's been almost half and hour now...please help!!

Daniel

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dkinpgh1
My Device: Storm

[ Edited ]

I'm having similar problems syncing a BB Storm (VZW 4.7.0.148) to a Mac PBP running OS 10.5.8. using Pocket Mac with updates (4.1.25). I'm also using Entourage 2008 for contacts and calendar. The BB is hooked up thru a powered USB hub. Also tried with it hooked up to the PBP.

i haven't had a sync problem until recently when i got the Bad Device Record Set error and determined by process of elimination that it was the contact db causing the problem.

I ran the DataPurgeUI to delete all the contacts. However, none appeared to be removed from the BB.

when I run the next sync for contacts using override device, only 551 of 714 contacts are moved from the PBP to the BB. that tidbit came from the SyncLog.

Tried running it again today and got a "no mounted media card found" error message in the SyncLog.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Don 

Now I'm in the process of wiping the handheld and starting all over.

Message Edited by dkinpgh1 on 08-09-2009 03:23 PM
Please use plain text.