Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SYNCRONISATION BB STORM - TO MAC COMPTR

Hello,

my first posting but I have a problem that I hope someone will be able to answer before I throw my BB Storm out the window. Just bought a new MAC Pro. Downloaded PocketMac Sync Manager. Downloaded the latest driver v4.1 but no matter what I try I cannot get the BB Storm to sync.!!!  The programme will not "see" the phone. I suspect that bb do not support Macs very well as there does not seem to be a solution I can find. Can someone help an old duffer please and take me step by step through a solution?

Regards  Barrie Stubbs 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Re: SYNCRONISATION BB STORM - TO MAC COMPTR

Hi barriestubbs,

On your BlackBerry Storm, please go to Options and then to Memory.

Within this screen, verify the following settings:

Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) = should be Off

Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode = should be Yes or Prompt

If changes were made in this screen, please save the changes, go back to the main menu, then remove the battery from the Storm, and replace it so that it reboots.

After this has taken place, please re-attempt a new synchronization.

If this synchronization results in an error, please let us know the error message provided, as well as the items being synchronized (Address Book, Calendar, etc) and the version of operating system on your new Mac Pro (Apple - About this Mac).

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
New Contributor

Brodie,

first thank you for your reply. All I need now is for you to come and live with me for a week so I can get up to date with all this good stuff!! But seriously thanks. We are nearly there it seems. Did what you asked and I had to change both items within the handset. It then connected spot on. Synced Ok, right through Contacts, Tasks, Book marks, Notes, until it came to Data and then it sort of "held". Left it for 20 mins or so but it still made no progress. So I cancelled Sync and these were the error messages:-

1 10.52.55.681 Could not locate the Microsoft Entourage Office Syncronisation tool.

2 10.53.45.609 Error writing mail message: Fwd: "Re Human Factors Training" (This is one of my E Mails) 

PS The Apple version is 10.5.6 

I considered remove/replace the PocketMac sofware but decided to talk to you first. Once again HELP! and thank you again for you assistance.

Regards   Barrie 

Retired

Hi Barrie,

I'm glad to hear that the connection has been made with PocketMac.  To resolve the synchronization issue, I would recommend syncing one item at a time (Address Book, Calendar, Notes, Email, etc) to determine which item is causing this error to occur.

The first error message is described in the following article:

Article Name: Could not locate the Microsoft Entourage Office Synchronization Tool

Article Number: KB15314

Link:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb15314

To ensure that connectivity for synchronization is obtained, please make sure that the version of PocketMac installed is 4.1.25, and that Entourage 2008 is being selected within PocketMac, if this is the program where your information (Address Book, etc) are contained.

Thank you!

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Contributor

I've got a BB 8220 (Pearl Flip), and there is no MTP in the options/memory menu.  There's a "media card support" option but if I turn it off the rest of the memory options disappear from the memory menu.  Is MTP not an issue with the Pearl, or am I up the creek with the Pearl?
Contributor

BTW, my troubles start with getting the PMS program to even run.  When I click the icon it bounces a few times and then stops without even showing a crash.
Retired

Hi litterbug,

This thread is related to connectivity with the BlackBerry Storm Smartphone, and you are absolutely right, there is no MTP option on the BlackBerry Pearl 8220 Smartphone.

When performing your synchronization, do you receive an error message?

Contributor

Fast reply, Brodie!

I ain't got no synchronization--because there's no difference if I the BB is connected, disconnected, or is balanced on the top of a crystal pyramid.  The PM program does not start at all (you probably hadn't seen my last post; sorry).  There's no crash report, nothing.

However, I'm not even sure how to start a synchronization without the PM program running.  Should I be doing anything with the BB to initialize the sync (aside from the MSM option)?

Retired

Hi litterbug,

Since the PocketMac application is not running properly, a synchronization is not possible.  If you have not yet rebooted your Mac after the installation of the software, please do so, and if this has already been done, please uninstall the PocketMac software by following the tasks in this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10438

When re-installing, please ensure to install the latest version (4.1.25) as well as the driver update provided.  This software and the driver update can be found here:

www.discoverblackberry.com/mac

If the issue continues, please provide us with the version of OS on your Mac (Apple - About this Mac) and we will investigate this further.

Thank you!

New Contributor

Brodie,

as you know my Blackberry Storm now syncronises with no problems. This post is just to say thank you for your help. Its nice to know that there are people like yourself ready to help the "computor challenged", so thanks. Sorry its been a while for this post, other problems came up.

Regards  Barrie Stubbs

PS Hope the rest of you with sync problems get "sorted" as well.