Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Saudi Telecom company

Screen broken and Desktop manager no connecting to backup

My screen is broken internally and I can not work with my blackberry ( Bold 9700), The screen is white with a black line and spot on the top left.. I am trying to backup my data using the Blackberry desktop manager, but it keeps trying to connecting with the phone with no vail (Although it is connected with the blackberry device manager and I can get some media files as a usb. I urgently need to backup my contacts and calendar, in order to update them on my new bold 9780.

Can anyone help??

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Screen broken and Desktop manager no connecting to backup

It sounds like more might be damaged than just the display. It is odd, though, that the media card shows but not the device databases. Hardware failures have been known to corrupt software, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Saudi Telecom company

Re: Screen broken and Desktop manager no connecting to backup

I know,,,, everyone I know keeps telling me the same thing...It seems that what has happened... I am currently trying to fix the screen in order to possibly see if there is any problem with the software.. I only hope that the software is not done, which would mean that all the content and database will surely be erased.