Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Teekitang
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
Accepted Solution

Security Wipe Blackberry Playbook

I had to change my service provider on my Playbook and in doing a search on the Blackberry site the instructions were I had to do a security wipe. What it did not tell me was that it erases everything. It erased all my pictures and my Kobo Library. I am able to get the Kobo Library back but how do I get the pictures back?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Security Wipe Blackberry Playbook

If you didn't make a backup beforehand then your data is gone. Did you make a backup first?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Teekitang

No the instructions did not provide this piece of information and it did not say it would wipe everything off the playbook so I did not back it up as I thought it was just going to eliminate the old provider.  Ggrr  Thank you so much for responding.  Happy New Year

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Sorry....wish I had better news for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Teekitang

Thank you anyway - at least I won't be sitting here wondering.  I may have these pictures on my desktop but since I just moved I can't get to it.  Again thank you.

Please use plain text.