Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

mkhan
My Device: Not Specified

Sending Text messages via my PC

Hello,

I was looking for a way to send text messages on my Blackberry Perl but through my PC. I send a lot of text messages each day and it makes it easier to type them out on my pc. I know Nokia and Sony Erriccson have this feature but I cannot seem to find it for my Perl.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Sending Text messages via my PC

The Blackberry Desktop Manager doesn't provide this function.  There are numerous web sites that allow you to send SMS messages from your PC Browser.
Trusted Contributor
frfghtr
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB

[ Edited ]

mkhan wrote:

Hello,

I was looking for a way to send text messages on my Blackberry Perl but through my PC.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Found this but haven't tried it.

Or you can email from your PC using their phone number and carrier.
Since I use MTS, my address would be xxxxxxxxxx@text.mts.net
Message Edited by frfghtr on 04-16-2008 09:38 AM
Trusted Contributor
payroll
My Device: Blackberry Bold

[ Edited ]

It depends what carrier you are using... With ATT You can send one right from the ATT website.

If you using ATT Do the following:

1. log into your account

2. click phone/device
3. click send a text message in the left column, or in the bottom right box.
(the links in step 2 & 3 will only work if you are already logged in via step 1)

Message Edited by payroll on 04-16-2008 11:03 AM
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

jekelman

Hi. I too would love to find a program allowing you to do this like the old nokias did. I have however found that google voice is very cool you get a google number tie it to your cell phone house phone etc transfer calls between them have sms forwarded etc and you can send sms through it on pc quite easily. you have to request an invite at the moment and wait a bit but the wait is worth it check out www.google.com/voice to loook into it as with all google it is free

New Contributor
nkv0007
My Device: 8830

Re: Editing Text messages on my PC

I would also like to have such solution. Actually i do have a lot of sms collection of emotional importance on my BB and would like to see them all on my PC.

maurice652
My Device: pearl 3 g

HAVE YOU DISCOVERED HOW TO DO THIS MAURICE
baraba6kin
My Device: bold 9650

waw I can not beleive blackberry desktop software still does not provide this function original post was made 2008 now 2012. When i had nokia it was so convinient to connect phone to laptop and type&send text messages with normal keyboard - also having history of recieved and sent messages and ability to read it on monitor...

I guess i will be moving back to nokia one day i think for a buseness user nokia is a way better then blackberry.

pbarwich
My Device: Curve 9300

Use Blurts. (Google it) €5,5 and it does exactly what you want via Bluetooth. It also locks your computer when you walk out of Bluetooth range (optional). Very nice!

Regular Contributor
conorcccc
My Device: Curve 9320

There's been a lot more apps for this job since this thread has been created so look around the internet and you may find a pot of gold!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to like someone's post if it was useful!