Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
thewhizz
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Serious issues BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.0.0.64

Maybe this will help as I still have Wifi Sync issues but also at one point could not sync at all. The Desktop Manager would crash just after connecting the Bold 9780.

The solution was found by RIM support who could see in the DTM log file that one specific folder with music was the point where it went wrong. I moved that one to the Desktop and restarted iTunes. The problem still existed but after also moving the Media Cache folder to the Desktop everything worked again. 

So if you have problems with connecting your BB to the Desktop where the Desktop Software crashes first try to remove the MediaCache folder which you can find here:

/Users/[yourusername]/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop

Let us know if this works!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
simongee
My Device: 9780

Thanks - I'll give that a try.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shthiker
My Device: Storm2 9550

First I don't sync any music and when I looked there was no such folder in the Application Support section of the Library.  So, that is not my issue.  And, it's not that the Desktop Manager crashes per se... it freezed my MacPro desktop.

Carl

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Virtuewelle
My Device: bold 9700

Please...I used to be able to sync my Ical data using the balckberry desktop software on both my macs....now I get this message saying "there are no writable Calendars available for syncing on this computer.  Please launch Ical or Microsfot Entourage and create a new writable calendar...."

I have tried using the "fast" sync and the "safe" snyc and nothing works!!!

ARgh!

What's going on....does anyone have an answer????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shthiker
My Device: Storm2 9550

The only thing I can assume at this point is that no one from RIM is monitoring this forum.  At least they certainly aren't responding.  Nor does it seem they are interested in fixing the issue.  Quite frankly, when I upgrade my next phone it will  likely not be a Blackberry.

Carl

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Virtuewelle

Likewise - there are four bb users in our home and they are all getting ready to be thrown out the windows...pardon the pun...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WJMarrero
My Device: Torch

I just got a new torch, heard of the desktop software for mac and that basically got me into buying it. I want to be able to sync my contact list, music, etc, but it seems that my mac doesn't recognizes the phone, not even as an external drive, i'm basically stuck with a welcome screen every time I try to use the desktop software that says "to begin, connect your device to the mac using the supplied USB cable". I've reinstalled the software quite a few times, restarted the phone, bought a new usb cable and nothing seems to work. Am I the only one who got this wall screen, and if not, how did you broke into it? Getting really desperate on trying to find a solution. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Voskuil67
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same issue, also using a Torch to connect to iMac running Snow Leopard OSX. Please let me know if you've found a solution. I got the Blackberry User Tools on a small CDrom, which my iMac doesn't read, so I downloaded the Desktop Software. Anyone, please help, I need my iCal and Contacts badly!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Virtuewelle

Bb desktop software does not crash in my case. It does not sync iCal or contacts. It says there are no calendars to sync with. I use snow leopard and I have a bb 9700
I am really frustrated. I've tried all sorts of things and nothing is working. I really need to be able to synch my ical.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Virtuewelle

Anybody have any ideas on how to escalate this? Four of us may be moving to an iphone.
Please use plain text.