Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Shared Outlook want to keep bb private????

My Outlook is not private, in my absence my assistants have to have access to my Outlook, previous IT guy put a password on my blackberry files that I would sync.  So that when I was on PC and launched outlook, it would ask me for a password to personal file (blackberry sync files) when I was not at computer I would just close outlook.  when it was reopened (not by me) it would prompt for a password to personal folders(bb calendar, contacts, memo etc), if The password was not entered, then only calendar, contacts, memos etc from outlook were displayed.  no personal stuff from bb.

The problem now is my computer was cleaned and IT guy has left The co and no one seems to know how to set this up.  Everyone is telling me it can't be done....well I know it can, and it was so can someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not been able to sync blackberry for some time

My Device: Z10 + PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Shared Outlook want to keep bb private????

Indeed it is not so difficult. The way it is done depends whether the pc is on a domain or not.

It is quiet long to explain the procedure but the idea relays in the administration tag in the object (folder, calendar, etc.) present in the properties menu of each object.

To set this config up you have to have admin privilegies, of course.

Another solutions is to hire a proper IT technician and pay well for his/her work :-)

Nobody loves IT people until they are needed.

--- Catalonia, next state in Europe ----
Use the "solved" or "Like" icons if my answer helped you.

BES10 administrator for several customers.
"SMPTE Calculator" timecode APP developer for BB10