Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Software Update Failure (Curve 8520) using a Mac

Blackberry Website - http://uk.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/smartphone.html
says,

"Update on the web - On a Mac
• You will need to download BlackBerry® Desktop Software to update your smartphone software. Once installed, connect your smartphone to your computer and you will automatically be prompted to update."

- It DOESN'T automatically update
- We have to open BlackBerry Desktop Software file which has Import Media, Device Options buttons on the main screen, as well as Back Up, Restore, Applications and Sync buttons on the Tool Bar
- When we click on Applications, a box comes up with a list of apps (checked and unchecked boxes), Check for Updates, Cancel and Start. buttons  If we click on Check for Updates we get "There are no updates available for your BlackBerry device".  If we click on Start we get a message which reads:

"BlackBerry® Desktop Software failed to validate your BlackBerry® device update.
Aborting install due to validation failure. Some packages contained unsatisfied dependencies"

We tried to "Reload BBM" which resulted in loss of contacts and lots of tears, so we "Restored".  Since doing this contacts have been restored BUT we now cannot connect to WiFi. Message reads, " This wireless router supports WiFi Protected Set-Up. To connect using a PIN (which your Blackberry will generate), click Next'.  We are then asked to enter a PIN into the router - How are we supposed to do that if the router doesn't have a keyboard?

HELP!
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Software Update Failure (Curve 8520) using a Mac

Hey Ickleman,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Follow the steps in this KB article to resolve the software update failure: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29289

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Software Update Failure (Curve 8520) using a Mac

Thanks for the reply VF, but the link tells me the page cannot be found.