Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
ROHANJONES
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Some of your data wasn't backed up

Using BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1.0.37 I get the following warning message after performing a Back up of my BlackBerry Torch 9800 (software version 6.0 bundle 2647): "Some of your data wasn't backed up. Some data is not included in back up file. Datatype: BlackBerry Messenger Entries: 0/2".

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Some of your data wasn't backed up

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It might be the BBM Contacts...there are situations where those are not properly backed up with the Desktop Software. Refer:

• KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

If you have moved to BBM 7, then your BBM contacts are backed up "to the cloud" as part of your BB ID association to BBM.

Otherwise, you can compare the databases on your BB against what is contained in the Backup File to determine exactly what is missing:

• KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

You would need a 3rd party PC app to parse and present the backup file to you in "human readable" format so as to compare.

FYI -- for complete backup processes and recommendations, refer to this thread:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ROHANJONES

I did move to BBM 7, so I guess I just should not worry about the message.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well...I said that it "might" be the BBM contacts; I have no way to know that for sure exactly what it was. If you are at all concerned, you should conduct the comparison process to determine exactly what it was that was omitted from the backup.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ROHANJONES

Ok... I did the compare and I noticed that the "BlackBerry Messenger" database in the BBB file had 0 entries and the "BlackBerry Messenger" database on the device has 1 entry. I deleted the data base on the device and retrieved it form BlackBerry. Now the BlackBerry Desktop Software backup run error free.

Thank you for your help!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates