Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
ishan001
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Some suggestions for future blackberry OS versions

Hi,

I hope this reaches the right developers. I just had some suggestions for future blackberry phone software (OS).

There should be an option to use the memory card to backup the data such as messages, emails, phone book, applications etc. This would prevent the messages from being automatically deleted. At least the user should be alerted that the messages etc. are being deleted rather than automatically deleting them!!

The blackberry desktop software should also be able to back up third party software.

There should be an option whereby we can password protect individual applications/inbox/etc. according to our prefrance rather than have just one password to lock the entire phone. This way we can let someone use our phone, play games but not have access to private data or personal information.

In the address book, we should be able to create a custome field such as Mobile 2, Home 3, etc. These days people have multiple mobile phones and it is annoying to store the secondary number in the pager or other category. This is a basic fix and I am surprised blackberry does not have this option.

Blackberry should also support youtube and also video reording.

One other feature I suggest is related to the contact filter option. At present, we can select only one contact filter at a time. Now, it would be great if we have a feature whereby we can select multiple filters in this way:

If I want to select all the people who are in the USA filter and who work for company X, I can select the 'and' filter in which both categories are matching (2 or more categories).

If I want to selectthe people who are either in USA or work for company X (I can select the 'or' filter for this).

We can have a special phone book feature where we choose to display only the frequent phone numbers and can put all the numbers we dont use that often in a master phone book. This would be convenient to so many people!

When sending text messages to multiple people we have to select each one individually. It would be nice if we could select quickly using checkmarks next to the contact name together rather than individually!

We should be able to add email address as 'spam' from the handheld itself.

We can include a birthday reminder for contacts which is seperate from the calender option.

There is no weather application included with the blackberry! This an absolute essential and must be included.

Better and more realistic browsing like in the iphone. The websites display in a very non-friendly way and most pages cannot be accessed easily.

We should have a shortcut button for composing text messages just like we can press 'c' as quick compose for email.

These are just some thoughts I had on how the phone could be improved. Of course, the requests are somewhat biased based on my requirements but I really do hope that some key developers come across this post and consider implementing these ideas in future blackberry OS versions.

Regards,

Ishan.

Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Some suggestions for future blackberry OS versions

Good ideas. You should submit them to bbsuggestions@rim.com.
New Contributor
ishan001
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Some suggestions for future blackberry OS versions

Thank you very much for the email address. I have been looking for a place to send feedback since long and now hopefully I have the right email. I will send them more suggestions as an when I think of them.

Regards.