Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Zanuck
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Wind Mobile
Accepted Solution

Stopping incoming emails when connected to Desktop Manager

Hi all,

I, stupidly, recently upgraded to the new DM v6 when prompted to do so.   Since then, I have not been able to prevent emails arriving wirelessly when my BB is plugged into the software.   I WANT THAT ABILITY BACK!!!

Ok, I realise I may be weird in not wanting to have to deal with emails twice (desktop AND on my BB) but I have been happily using my BB for untethered email only.  

So, the question is:  how do I stop my BB receiving emails while it is plugged into the DM?   (I've not yet tried rolling back to the previous version of DM as that kinda offends my sense of progress.)

Any suggestions out there?

Z

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Popalu
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Stopping incoming emails when connected to Desktop Manager

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same problem as you.

I installed the new software, when prompted, without thinking, then I realised after installation, that the new software does not appear to have any check box options, that allow you to stop incoming emails to the device, when you are physically connected to the DM software on a computer.

The previous version has the option, but I am loathed to go back through uninstalling and re-installing the older software, to get back what should be a standard feature set to on!!

Come on RIM, sort this function omission out or tell us where the old option is now hiding in the new shiny interface.

I am sick of dealing with two sets of emails when I am sat at my desk

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Popalu

Bump!!!

Us 2 can't be the only people with this problem?

Under DM5.? I connected my BB to the DM software using a USB cable and I only got mail on my PC, when I disconnected and went roaming I got mail on both.

Under this new "Update" I get emails to my desktop and my device, regardless of wether the BB is connected via USB or not.

I don't need 2 copies of every email I receive. I am now seriously looking at reverting back to DM5.? so that at least that works, then probably start looking for a new device, as this is just crazy.

All the complaints about DM6 and RIM don't seem to want to answer or resolve any of the issues!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pbadowski
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell Wireless

You are not the only ones with this problem. 

It is also something that I really miss and hope that we see a message sometime soon saying it will be in an updated version of the software. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmarkd
My Device: Not Specified

Putting my vote in for this one, no idea why it is gone.

Please use plain text.
hjg
Visitor
hjg
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: AirTel

C'mon RM, give control back to the user if he wants to not have emails delivered to the handset if it's tethered to the desktop. I'm using Office 2010 and not sure if that's the problem, but it worked fine in the older version of the desktop manager.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pbadowski
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell Wireless

From the number of missing features and problems that are being reported I would guess that they may have rushed version 6 to have it available for version 6 software on a new phone.  I would guess / hope that they are working to add back the important features in upcoming releases. 

The other thing that I think is missing that is related to this feature (I think) is the ability to define the rules for what is sent and not sent to the handheld in general...  I wish we would hear back from someone with some more official information, and I am not going to hold my breath, just wait patiently, and maybe go back to version 5 of the desktp software..... 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Popalu

I am just going to revert back to V5.0, until RIM get their act together on the release of a proper V6 DM package, rather than this reduced functionality beta version.

It seems like this is a rushed update, designed to co-ordinate with a new device (?) and they seem to be doing a pretty good job of peeing of their existing customers with it's release.

Are they going to come out with a new patch to fix these issues or do an Apple and tell us there is nothing wrong with it and then we have to wait until someone releases an app to give back the previous available options, I won't be holind my breath!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Popalu

I removed DM 6.0 :smileysad: and re-installed DM5.0 :smileyhappy: and everything is now back working again as it was.

RIM need to seriously review any roll outs of 'updated' software as all they have done is pee off customers with at best a beta version, with less functionality, but hey, the interface looked good!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Zanuck
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

:smileymad: Uninstalled v6 and replaced with v5.   Problem solved.   Now, all I have to do is to ignore the pleading "Please update your software" messages.

However, this whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.   I've been awaiting the "Blackpad" with some interest.   Not any more.   If this is the approach taken towards the simple simple synchro software, I'm now far more suspicious about the quality of any RIM 'pad software.

A pity.

:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.