Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Storm with Apple IMAC

does the Storm have any compatible issues with the IMAC?  i downloaded PocketMac and when i USB my Storm in it only charges but no other recognition of the device.  can anyone assist?  thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Storm with Apple IMAC

Go to markspace.com and get that app for backberry storm.it works perfect.
New Contributor

this is madness. we have to pay for a program to sync with a mac, i would maybe be willing to drop the cash if blackberry did not have this on their site, in the software section.

and to make it worse, we have advisers on the official bberry forums almost looking down at people that do not have a PC or want to use boot camp by saying to find a friend. absolutely disappointed in the way things are going so far. granted it's only been a couple months, but i figured complaints would be strictly phone interface issues, NOT something as silly as syncing my basic calendar, notes, and media files.

- sal

P.S...there is actually an UPDATED file that could be downloaded, good luck and if you're not happy. pay the money for a program that bberry should be using.

BlackBerry for Mac

If you're a Mac® user, it's easy for you to take full advantage of a BlackBerry® smartphone*. PocketMac® for BlackBerry lets you load new applications onto your BlackBerry smartphone, as well as synchronize your email, contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with popular Mac applications, including:

• Mail.app Email
  • Entourage® Email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes
  • Address Book Contacts
  • iCal® Calendar and Tasks
  • Now Contact®/Now Up-To-Date® Contacts, Calendars & Tasks
  • Meeting Maker Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks
  • Lotus Notes Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks
  • Safari Bookmarks (One-Way sync)

New Contributor

Just as a point of fact, I have been a die-hard Now Up-To-Date and Contacts user, and was thrilled to see that PocketMac would support syncing to those programs and my Storm.  Nope, never worked.  I gave up, exported everything to Address Book and iCal.  I can sync the Address book "ok" but iCal and PocketMac don't seem to see eye-to-eye.

Every time I sync my calendar, even if I put "overwrite device", it ADDS a copy of the calendar items. To make things worse, it takes all-day events such as birthdays and makes them 2 day timed events (like from 10:00am on day1 to 5pm on day2).

I need to find the proper solution to this issue, frankly, I'm tired of wiping my device to try to get it right!!!

Any ideas on the iCal sync problem?