Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Strange email comming to personal email address

I'm getting this realy strange message on my "personal desktop." It started when I upgraded the desktop software. All I want to do is deactive the message. The subject line reads "RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2" I will appreciate any help. TIA. . .George :smileyhappy:

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Strange email comming to personal email address

You're receiving this messages as your desktop mananger is configured with redirector settings.You need to reinstall your desktop manager. 

Verify whether or not the BlackBerry Desktop Manager has been configured to use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option by looking for the Email Settings icon or the Redirector Settings icon in BlackBerry Desktop Manager. This will only appear if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector was chosen during installation.

If either the Email Settings or Redirector Settings icon is displayed, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager or modify the configuration (Integration Option) of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to support the BlackBerry Internet Service.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

That's what I figured, so I've already uninstalled the software, but the messages are still coming to my inbox...Any idea as to how I can stop the email?

TIA. . .George :smileyhappy:

Elite II

Try removing all of the Desktop service books from the BlackBerry smartphone.

1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
  2. Click Advanced Options.
  3. Click Service Book.
  4. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
  5. Display the menu and select Delete.
  6. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CICAL] service book.
  7. Display the menu and select Delete.

tanzim                                                                                  

New Contributor

I've been searching for the link that will take me to the Options you are asking me to, but I can't seem to find it. Can you give me a link to the page that I need? TIA. . .George :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

Never mind...You were talking about the Options on my phone...I've done what you've requested...Will the deletion of those 2 objects resolve my email problem? Thanks again for the help...George :smileyhappy:
Elite II

This supposed to solve your problem. If you're in BIS then desktop service shouldn't be ther. desktop service book is required for BES users only.

tanzim                                                                                  

Elite II

options is an application which can be found by pressing menu key while your BlackBerry is in standby mode.

tanzim                                                                                  

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 BES OS 4.6.0.162

You do not need to reinstall desktop manager.  All you do is go to control panel, go into add / remove programs.  Select Blackberry Desktop Manager, Then click "Change / Remove."  After that click "modify"  then instead of selecting the checkbox for Enterprise Server / Redirector, instead select the checkbox next to Blackberry Internet Service.  This will solve the problem. 

New Contributor

Everything is fixed...Thanks to everyone that helped...George :smileyhappy: