Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Switch (Device Wizard) Palm to BB

I have an old Palm 650 that I have upgraded to a BB Curve 8330

In Blackberry Desktop manager I am trying to use the Device Switch Wizard BUT everytime I attempt, the page which has the options of "Select Desktop Organizer" then under that "Select the desktop software from which you want to import desktop organizer data:" were I believe I should pick "Palm Treo/Palm desktop software"  both options are grayed out and both unclickable/unselectable.  I cannot go on from here and there is no help button.  All I can do is click "back" "cancel" or red X to get out.  So I am unable to transfer data. 

Yes both devices are connected and on. And yes I hot synched the palm prior to my attempts. 

Also with Palm you get planner software and it looks like with BB you simply use Outlook....is this correct? 

Thanks for helping!

Cami

Solutions: 6,072
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Switch (Device Wizard) Palm to BB

Cami,

Unplug the BB for the first part of the Switch, and plug it back in when it asks.

And correct--Outlook is the best and most common option for organizing your BB data on the desktop and syncing back to the BB.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Switch (Device Wizard) Palm to BB

The problem may also be that your version of the Palm Desktop software isn't recognized by the BlackBerry's Switch Device Wizard.  You can try installing an earlier version of the Palm Desktop, putting your data into that, and then try the switch device wizard again.

As to the second question -- can one continue to use the Palm Desktop software as the primary PIM software on the desktop and then sync that to the BB device?