Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Switch device =Palm to Blackberry

I recently performed A [what Blackberry calls switch device] Hotsync from a Tungsten E2 to A Blackberry 8703e,. What happend was that this action somehow added a Intelesinc id # [apx. 40 digits], to each and every record [ I have about 4000 records]  the transfer worked just fine.

However here is my problem , when i tried doing the next regular sync Palm desktop to handheld , i recived a error " Connection is lost 6410"

I may add that the intelesync was only on my desktop .

I use the Palm desktop as my main contact list , and this is a big problem to me.

Can anybody help me with this ?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Switch device =Palm to Blackberry

Your problem here is that the Switch Device Wizard is intended for exactly what it says.  To switch from Device X to the BlackBerry.    Its intended that you use it once to transfer your previous devices information to the BlackBerry, and moving forward, you only use the BlackBerry and Desktop Manager.   It is not designed for ongoing synchronization.
Contributor

Re: Switch device =Palm to Blackberry

how about this as a work around install your palm desktop to sync with your outlook so you can continuesly update your outlook contacts, now when you sync your blackberry to your outlook everything should be honky dory