Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync Caller ID Pictures?

I don't know what else to suggest; just tried again and it's working for me. Maybe when you synchronize you can confirm the changes to see what's being recognized for the ContactPicture field?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

SAME issue!

Outlook2007 SP1 and DM4.7 dont sync contact pictures/caller id pictures!

this is a clean and new installation. So reinstalling wont change anything, because it IS new. No existing rest of any older installation.

All my contacts on my BOLD dont have pictures anymore.

Maybe RIM should consider asking MS or even Apple for help. They dont have such emberassing issues.

Simon

PS: before u ask. i got a HTC and an iPhone3G beside of my BB Bold. RIM! Do ur work and fix this **bleep** bug! 

Contributor

simonlange wrote:

SAME issue!

Maybe RIM should consider asking MS or even Apple for help. They dont have such emberassing issues.

Nor do I have such embarrassing issues, and I have the exact same setup. I don't have a lot of concrete suggestions in this case, but I'm inclined to think it's not simply an application problem.
Some general ideas: Have you tried with a new contact? Have you tried reselecting a contact picture? Have you tried clearing your Address Book database from your device? Do you synchronize with a BES? (If so, have you tried turning off your Wireless Synchronization?) Just some thoughts. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

andrewski wrote:

simonlange wrote:

SAME issue!

Nor do I have such embarrassing issues, and I have the exact same setup. I don't have a lot of concrete suggestions in this case, but I'm inclined to think it's not simply an application problem.
Some general ideas: Have you tried with a new contact? Have you tried reselecting a contact picture? Have you tried clearing your Address Book database from your device? Do you synchronize with a BES? (If so, have you tried turning off your Wireless Synchronization?) Just some thoughts. Smiley Happy
it IS an application problem. google or just read this forum and you will stumble alot over this kind of issue. Also other current applications with the same purpose dont have those issues. Ok, WebOS of Palm isnt out yet. Smiley Wink
Tried new contact - fail.
Tried reselecting contact picture - fail.
Tried clearing contact database on BB first - fail
BES?! Could you decrypt that? im syncing via USB. But tried BT too. No difference.
Personally i think the whole software management package provided by RIM is crappy. the Roxio Media Management is slow and sloppy, the Desktop Manager does not recognize the BB every time its plugged in. Using the Media Sync started via DM does not work until you install Media Sync by hand. Syncing Notes does not work. It throws an error message if you try to enable that - directly after the wizard. Smiley Wink
Funny is that many ppl have these symptoms. Especially if they use Vista 64bit. A shame that RIM still providing software which is not vista-compatible at all.
You may wanna blame everything and everyone except RIMs software(-bundle), but its a matter of fact that RIMs "solution" is the only one which makes trouble from the beginning. Other syncpackages (jesus, even MobileMe runs better in syncing!) dont have such issues. So if 99 apples are good and only 1 apple is rotten i would never blame the basket for it. i would blame the source of the rotten apple. Smiley Wink This rotten apple has a name: RIMs Desktop Manager/Device Manager.
Simon 
PS: some system specs: AMD 9850, 8GB, 2TB intern, 4TB extern, HD 4870, Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, DM 4.7, BBOS 4.6 
PS2: before i started this thread i really googled and searched this forum a lot including the knowledgedatabase of RIM. Only found lots of ppl havin similar issues and had no help. Some ppl had luck and some workarounds did work (e.g. ensuring that EVERY contact has a picture - tried and failed), but most didnt even get an answer or any help. RIM does nothing and i wont pay additional for support of a piece of software which should work. money for support is only okay if its a user-related problem (user mistakes) but in case of software engineering problems its a shame that they want money for fixing a problem of a software we have already paid for!

Contributor

simonlange wrote:

BES?! Could you decrypt that? im syncing via USB. But tried BT too. No difference.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server, i.e. you synchronize with your work email through your corporate IT. If so, there are settings on the server that could prevent contact pictures from synchronizing.
You may wanna blame everything and everyone except RIMs software(-bundle), but its a matter of fact that RIMs "solution" is the only one which makes trouble from the beginning.

Nah, I'd be the first to say that RIM/BlackBerry's software isn't great. I'm impatiently awaiting the day when I can upgrade to an Android device, or maybe to an iPhone. However, I'm not convinced that this is an application problem in this case.
Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I am testing this theory this afternoon however IF the pictures are sitting on the SIM card versus the phone, it effects the ability to sync them and even a desktop backup and restore will not do it because it does not back up SIM information, i.e. screen favs, pics, etc.....I have a lot of contact pictures in Outlook however unless I physically move them to my phone Media Library I'm out of luck.  My pics are all over too.  Vice Versa, if they're on your phone they're specifically linked to your BBerry contact not your outlook, you have to find their location, usually in /device/home/user/camera.....

I'll post the answer later today though for everyone.