Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
shuhuii
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Sync Issue between Bold 9900 and Outlook Calendar

Hi,

Error message " Invalid Linked Record ID" appeared when I tried to sync Bold 9900 with Outlook Calendar. Help requested to resolve this pls! Thanks everyone who can provide some insights on this issue!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Sync Issue between Bold 9900 and Outlook Calendar

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
jakoby4204
My Device: .

New Contributor
shuhuii
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi, the page that you provided stated that the error is being investigated but no resolution time frame is available. There is no workaround for the issue either. Pls advise other alternative solutions. Thank you!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, the KB does discuss that one or more recurring appointments may be the cause of the error. So you could perhaps seek those out and remove them to see if you can again synchronize. If so, then you could then perhaps re-add your recurrings one by one.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
tina_holmes
My Device: 9900

I did go through each one and try to detect where a problem might be. No luck. I am so afraid that I'm going to lose my 190+ contacts on my BB. This is my 3rd BB Bold  9900. I've not had much luck with them.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

tina_holmes wrote:

I did go through each one and try to detect where a problem might be. No luck.

Yes, but did you actually remove them all? From your words, it appears you only looked at them all, but didn't actually change any of your data.

tina_holmes wrote:

I am so afraid that I'm going to lose my 190+ contacts on my BB.

I thought your issue was with Calendar? In any event, hopefully you are doing good and regular backups, which would then have your data safely stored on your computer for recovery from any catastrophic event.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates