Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
tina_holmes
My Device: 9900

Sync Issue between Bold 9900 and Outlook Contacts

[ Edited ]

I am getting the same error message but only when I try to sync contacts. I have followed the other posts and BB's instruction for resolution with no success.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Sync Issue between Bold 9900 and Outlook Contacts

[ Edited ]

Hello,

tina_holmes wrote:
I am getting the same error message but only when I try to sync contacts.

Here is the KB for that:

• KB31008 "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing Contacts with BlackBerry Desktop Software

tina_holmes wrote:
I have followed the other posts and BB's instruction for resolution with no success.

Unfortunately, from merely those words, I have no way to know what you have tried...if you don't tell us, we can't know. Then again, you really should have your own thread since your issue is not identical to the OPs of this thread. Stand by...I'm going to ask the mods to split your post and this reply to a thread of their very own.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
tina_holmes
My Device: 9900

I have uninstalled BB software and reinstalled it three times. When I reinstalled the software I did so according to y'all's instructions through this support forum. I had already lost all of my contacts on Outlook already and have recreated them all on my BB. The synchronization is not working one-way to Outlook nor two-way between Outlook and BB. I keep getting the same CRTRANREC::GETLINKEDRECORD Id:INVALIDLINKEDRECDORDID error message. This is only on contacts sync; calendar sync works just fine. Ya'll sent me instructions for clearing out an Outlook contact image, whatever that is, so I went into all of my records to see if there were any images to clean up. I still cannot sync. And, this is a brand new BB. I have to get this resolved because of my business, so I will have to call T-Mobile to patch me through to a RIM expert to clear up this mess and avoid paying for RIM support.

air_bar
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

I have a similar Sync problem with my 9900 Bold and my 1093 contacts in the Outlook address book: the sync starts and it gets stuck on the 53rd contact. Telephone becomes blank, nothing happens and the only way is to unplug the battery... after that, the whole address book of the phone gets ERASED. How is it possible?
kloudnine9
My Device: Bold 9900

dear air_bar

please advise how you resolved this problem (if you did) as i am suffering from the same issue.

thanks.