Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

joeeyo
My Device: Not Specified

Sync Issue

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

I am new to the BB and I am about 3 weeks into it and LOVE IT!!!!!!!

In the last couple of days, I have run into a sync issue and I cannot figure it out, although I think that I have narrowed it down.

OK background

Running Desktop Manager 4.6

Verizon BB 8330

When performing a sync, it reads and confirms all the address book stuff no problem.  When it get to the CALENDER syncing, "processing device calender" record 214 of 245  (these numbers do change)

I have done a complete uninstall and re-install of the entire Desktop manager program and no luck.  I went into the sync settings and turned OFF the calender (outlook) and I can sync no problem, turn the calender back on and terminates again, Definity seems like something in the BB calender but do not know what to do to correct and I am out of ideas and patience as the calender is one of the most useful things for me.

ANYONE and suggestions or similar experiences??/

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!!!

Joey "O"

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Sync Issue

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You have a corrupt entry in the device calendar. Here are the instructions to fix:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04950&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

In your post says you did a re-install of the desktop. This procedure is recommended for a clean uninstall.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04950&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks   

Might save you some headaches later!

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-03-2008 07:52 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Netboy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sync Issue

I am having nearly the same issue - it reads then processes every item each time i sync rather than just adding the changes or deletions - like it will literally say X # of deletions and X # of additions do you accept or reject......

Please use plain text.