Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
mnmboca
My Device: Not Specified

Sync Problems since used time machine to restore macbook pro

Hi
I had a macbook pro issues which to resolve Apple had me wipe clean my hard drive and reinstall snow leopard.
I then used time machine to reload everything.

Now I have a problem with BB DM mac.
My ical and address book are restored but when I go to syn my BB 9700 I get the following in reference to my calendar

The Previously selected items are no longer available

I am at a loss. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the BB DM and still the same. Can't sync

This is the response I got from Apple

If I understand you correctly the message you indicate is coming from the Blackberry Desktop Manager, not from Addressbook or iCal?

If that is the case you might find it advantageous to contact Blackberry as they would know how to troubleshoot their software.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed so I can do a sync.

Thanks ahead

Margie

Regular Contributor
FRIEDCHIKKIN
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Sync Problems since used time machine to restore macbook pro

Is the All Calendars radio button selected or Selected Calendars? I always leave the former selected as well as, under Advanced Settings, the Sync> All Events radio button. I'm hoping that the data that should be on your BB that, I assume, is not on your Mac will sync to your Mac.

New Contributor
mnmboca
My Device: Not Specified

Yes- I did all that and only now DM goes to the syncing calendar events screen and just hangs.  Nothing happens.  BBDM seems to freeze and I have to do a force quite (cancelling sync doesn't work)

I am at a loss.

Regular Contributor
FRIEDCHIKKIN
My Device: Bold 9700

The software on the Mac seems to hang? The BB itself doesn't show anything at the time during the freeze up?