Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
sugarspicebaby1
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Verizon

Sync error, unable to sync

I recently started to use DM for Mac. I have my settings for my calendar set to only sync events 30 days in past and 90 days in the future, but today it gave me a problem with reoccurring events that I have (birthdays, holidays, etc) all the way back to 2007?!? :smileysurprised:

When I restored my data from last sync to try to override the problem - it completely cleared my calendar of ALL events. :smileymad:

Now, if I try to sync I receive an error that DM is unable to sync - please retry. But it doesn't say what the error is preventing the sync. ???

In the log the following exists:

2010-03-09 20:14:17.998 ERROR*** default     pimSync   Exception during sync: Session <ISyncConcreteSession: 0x156c9d20> cancelled. *** -[NSCFArray initWithObjects:count:]: attempt to insert nil object at objects[0]
2010-03-09 20:14:17.998 ERROR*** default     pimSync   53MB An exception of type ISyncSessionCancelledException occured because: Session <ISyncConcreteSession: 0x156c9d20> cancelled. *** -[NSCFArray initWithObjects:count:]: attempt to insert nil object at objects[0]  (no stacktrace available)

Any one have a similar experience, know what this may mean, how to fix it?

Right now I cannot complete a sync because of it - so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Pearl 8130 - Verizon - OS 4.5.0.175
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sugarspicebaby1
My Device: Pearl 8130

Re: Sync error, unable to sync

DM for Mac Release Notes

Took me 2 days to find - but apparently RIM knows about ALOT of problems and doesn't know how to fix them yet! :smileymad:

Pearl 8130 - Verizon - OS 4.5.0.175
Please use plain text.
EnnMartin
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

I have the same problem.  It first started when my Curve auto shut down while it was being updated.

It went away was when my BlackBerry handheld software was updated, but has returned.

It's rather useless to have a handheld calendar and address book that doesn't sync.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
KPlatypus
My Device: Curve 8330

Sorry - no answer here, just another hopeful soul with the same problem.  Figured maybe if another person chimed in this would get bumped up and we'd get an answer.  I'm getting the same error after pretty much the same experiences - main difference is I was syncing just fine for quite a while first and my first sign of difficulties was arbitrarily moved and duplicated entries.  I see one person on here just advises never syncing a Mac with a BB but that seems excessive.  Not having my calendars sync is making me very sad. 

Anyone?  Bueller?

Please use plain text.