Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
MikeOrlando
My Device: Not Specified

Sync only specific calendar from BlackBerry to Outlook via Download Manager

Hello,

I have two calendars on my phone: My personal calendar that is sync'ed via DM from Outlook and my work calendar that is sync'ed OTA from my Exchange account.  My problem is that when I do a organizer sync from DM it pulls in my work/exchange calendar entries and places on them on my personal calendar in Outlook.  How do I stop this?  I see in DM that it sync'ing multiple calendars, but no option to stop this.

For now, I setup a one-way sync from my outlook to my BlackBerry, but this is a poor solution as any personal calendar entries I place on my BlackBerry will never get sych'ed back to my Outlook, but it is the only way I can find to keep my Exchange work calendar from sync'ing down to my Outlook.

Help!

Mike

Contributor
MikeOrlando

Re: Sync only specific calendar from BlackBerry to Outlook via Download Manager

Bump, just hoping someone has advice.  I am presuming that receiving no replies means there is no true solution.

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello Mike,

The BlackBerry Desktop Software will only synchronize with your default Calendar.

You may need to change the Default Calendar Service on the BlackBerry to the personal calendar that contains your information and complete the following steps:

1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options.
  2. Open Default Services.
  3. Next to Calendar (CICAL), select the calendar service that contains your personal entries.
  4. Exit and save from Options.

Test syncronization once again.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
MikeOrlando

I guess I am a little confused...

When I go into DM Organizer and click view next to calendars it says "your entries from the following calendars will be synchronized" and then it lists all of my calendars on my phone. 

Contributor
MikeOrlando

Now that I look at my phone with only a view of my work calendar, I see that only appointments involving a meeting request are being synched to my phone OTA, the rest of my calendar isn't moving over.  This used to work so very strange!

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello Mike,

I am referring to the default Calendar configuration on the device. Which options do you see listed there and which one is it set to currently? 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!